Discworld

The Rarest of the Rare

General Stamp discussion.

Re: The Rarest of the Rare

Postby Miss Tick » Wed Feb 16, 2011 05:15 pm

archerinwood wrote:
Muba wrote:This pairing sold for £601 on the other place about 18 months ago

WOW! they are awesome.The price obviously reflects this. :cry:

Never saw that on ebay :shock: or even a whisper about it before it turned up on ebay
"give me a task or I shall run mad"
Miss Tick

Postby Joolz » Wed Feb 16, 2011 05:38 pm

angels wrote:
Skaven wrote:Ian just confirmed he never made any such stamp nor mocked up a $4 Merchant. Maybe the value is wrong and it was the Civic
That could be it i get confused between the two and it has been a while since i saw it. I'll dig it out. :bounce: :bounce:
here we are... sorry for the poor image i dropped my printer a couple weeks back
Oh brother! :shock: :roll:

What part of the catalogue (if any) does this one go into, Steve?

By the way, it's not April 1st, is it?
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Joolz

Postby angels » Wed Feb 16, 2011 05:45 pm

Miss Tick wrote:
angels wrote:
Skaven wrote:Ian just confirmed he never made any such stamp nor mocked up a $4 Merchant. Maybe the value is wrong and it was the Civic

That could be it i get confused between the two and it has been a while since i saw it. I'll dig it out. :bounce: :bounce:

here we are... sorry for the poor image i dropped my printer a couple weeks back

Did that escape at the con??

dont no nuffin bout nuffin, never even seen nuffin if youse asks me i'll deny it all!it was someone else n i offered to return it n im a good girl n never saw nuffin ........ what con.... neva went there wherever it was :oops:

Maybe i should pretend i didn't put that scan up :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I wanna live by the seaside!
angels

Postby the_apprentice » Wed Feb 16, 2011 09:03 pm

Ahhh, um... Yes... NOW I remember. Merrily we went off to the con, out little fists clenched around a rough prototype of the merchants stamp, to gauge the public reaction to this new offering. From that point it was all a bit of a blur... There was this corset you see... and I was out numbered... All i remember was a sea if hands dipping in the lbe box... And then, suddenly, my precious was gone! I had been bewitched! And to be fair, said corset DID come back to offer to return said item, but for some reason it all went a bit blurry again. Thank goodness someone as responsible as Angels found it, on a totally different subject, I wonder how cara is getting on these days. *cough cough*

Sorry I fed you Incorrect info skaven... I has forgotten all about it! You see... There was this corset...
the_apprentice

Postby Skaven » Wed Feb 16, 2011 09:11 pm

the_apprentice wrote:Ahhh, um... Yes... NOW I remember. Merrily we went off to the con, out little fists clenched around a rough prototype of the merchants stamp, to gauge the public reaction to this new offering. From that point it was all a bit of a blur... There was this corset you see... and I was out numbered... All i remember was a sea if hands dipping in the lbe box... And then, suddenly, my precious was gone! I had been bewitched! And to be fair, said corset DID come back to offer to return said item, but for some reason it all went a bit blurry again. Thank goodness someone as responsible as Angels found it, on a totally different subject, I wonder how cara is getting on these days. *cough cough*

Sorry I fed you Incorrect info skaven... I has forgotten all about it! You see... There was this corset...

Hmmmmm.... wasnt this the kind of thing Colin was sentenced to the scorpion pit for? I`d beware of Bernard and the wrath of the Accountant.

http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1371&start=30#p56283
New trades
Still got those pesky gaps to fill? See if I have what your looking for in My Stamp Trades
Missing that certain edge? Why not see if I can help you obtain it with My Corner Trades
Skaven

Postby Muba » Wed Feb 16, 2011 09:13 pm

steeljam wrote:I assume these are Colin's non-DW non-approved cinderellas.

I have to challenge that comment Steve. Non-approved yes, but they certainly are DW - part of the trial designs for the original Merchants Guild issue.
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby AshloreDarkShadow » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:15 pm

Catch-up wrote:
Skaven wrote:Does anyone have any good scans of these other merchant designs? Would be nice to see them.

I wasn't lucky enough to get any, but I did get a scan way back when. :D

These look fantastic - any more scans :?:
And to think these were just chucked on an envelope as an added extra :shock:
People would pay good money for prototypes :!:

Anyone got a time machine :wink: need to start collecting a few years before I did...
AshloreDarkShadow

Postby AshloreDarkShadow » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:17 pm

the_apprentice wrote:Ahhh, um... Yes... NOW I remember. Merrily we went off to the con, out little fists clenched around a rough prototype of the merchants stamp, to gauge the public reaction to this new offering. From that point it was all a bit of a blur... There was this corset you see... and I was out numbered... All i remember was a sea if hands dipping in the lbe box... And then, suddenly, my precious was gone! I had been bewitched! And to be fair, said corset DID come back to offer to return said item, but for some reason it all went a bit blurry again. Thank goodness someone as responsible as Angels found it, on a totally different subject, I wonder how cara is getting on these days. *cough cough*

What do I get if I find a corset... :wink:
AshloreDarkShadow

Postby steeljam » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:28 pm

angels wrote:

If this got out in the wild I think someone will be Dumpling Difficient very soon.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby angels » Thu Feb 17, 2011 03:30 pm

Skaven wrote:

Hmmmmm.... wasnt this the kind of thing Colin was sentenced to the scorpion pit for? I`d beware of Bernard and the wrath of the Accountant.

http://www.discworldstamps.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1371&start=30#p56283

Ahhhh but were corsets involved? They don't call me bouncy for nothing you know!!! Ask Mr B or Renta or Butcher or Cara or Peri or Steeljam or .................. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
I wanna live by the seaside!
angels

Postby Skaven » Thu Feb 17, 2011 04:50 pm

AshloreDarkShadow wrote:

What do I get if I find a corset... :wink:

sore ribs and a few funny looks? :lol:
New trades
Still got those pesky gaps to fill? See if I have what your looking for in My Stamp Trades
Missing that certain edge? Why not see if I can help you obtain it with My Corner Trades
Skaven

Postby archerinwood » Thu Feb 17, 2011 04:54 pm

Funny looks from the people and you would have funny looks too. Of course if you want to be more realistic, use a wig.
I will be playing Thenardier at the Theatre royal in Margate, Kent from 24th July to 28th. If you are in the area at the time please click the link to get more info:
http://www.theatreroyalmargate.com/~the ... %2Fles-misérables

Thanks
archerinwood

Postby AshloreDarkShadow » Thu Feb 17, 2011 05:43 pm

archerinwood wrote:u want to be more realistic, use a wig.

Is that a Wig gy Charlie :?: :wink:
AshloreDarkShadow

Postby archerinwood » Thu Feb 17, 2011 05:47 pm

AshloreDarkShadow wrote:
archerinwood wrote:u want to be more realistic, use a wig.

Is that a Wig gy Charlie :?: :wink:

oh dear. still I'll give you that pune, or play on words.
I will be playing Thenardier at the Theatre royal in Margate, Kent from 24th July to 28th. If you are in the area at the time please click the link to get more info:
http://www.theatreroyalmargate.com/~the ... %2Fles-misérables

Thanks
archerinwood

Postby Catch-up » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:27 pm

AshloreDarkShadow wrote:These look fantastic - any more scans :?:
And to think these were just chucked on an envelope as an added extra :shock:
People would pay good money for prototypes :!:

Anyone got a time machine :wink: need to start collecting a few years before I did...

Actually, if you follow the link above to the old discussion, I believe there are a couple more scans. The TOAs were official enough for the shop to sell t-shirts of them, if I'm remembering correctly. :D And the whole "scorpion pit" thing was all in good fun and a great LBE to release. Again, if I'm remembering correctly, Colin gamely provided the mug shot himself. :lol: Pretty sporting :wink: considering he was not actually some rogue stamp producer, but on the official team for years before and after that.
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Stamps