Discworld

Roundworld Presentation Packs

General Stamp discussion.

Roundworld Presentation Packs

Postby Drayax » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Hi all

Wondering if I can get some advice from any round world philatelists out there. I have an album of royal mail presentation packs at home gathering dust and seeing as I have no real interest in round world stamps I'm considering selling it all on eBay. I have absolutely no knowledge to speak of on the subject so could any one tell me if its worth splitting the album up and selling the presentation packs individually or pit the lot on as one auction...or if its even worth doing, do these things actually have value? The packs are mostly from the early 90's with some from the late 80's there's also one first day cover in there from the golden jubilee of the Martin shop from 1984 which I think was only given out to employees at the time.

Im at work at the moment so I couldn't tell you how many there are in there but if needed I can write down a list of the individual packs. I also have two albums of world stamps which I'm going to assume have little value since most are either actually stuck in or held in with hinges.

Any help would be much appreciated :)
"It's only stamps, sir. I mean there's no law against stamps..." - Cheery Littlebottom.
Drayax

Re: Roundworld Presentation Packs

Postby steeljam » Tue Jun 17, 2014 06:31 pm

This page may help with expectations.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Frank the Younger » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:32 am

If you look on ebay (I did "uk stamps presentation packs") and select completed listings you will see that apart from a very few most did not get any bidders and those that did were in the £1 - £2 range.
It may be more economical to use the stamps at face value as they still count as stamps. This is if you sent enough letters. :(
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
Frank the Younger

Postby Drayax » Wed Jul 02, 2014 07:22 pm

Sorry for the late reply, had quite a busy spell lately.
apart from the first day cover (which apparently is worth around £90) theres nothing of value there. Ill keep them for a rainy day perhaps.
thanks for the help :)
"It's only stamps, sir. I mean there's no law against stamps..." - Cheery Littlebottom.
Drayax

Return to The Stamps