Discworld

What to expect?

General Stamp discussion.

What to expect?

Postby Badgerwilde » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:12 pm

I've ordered my first LBE.

What happens to me now??

Will i forever be chasing AM stamps and beyond?!
Badgerwilde

Re: What to expect?

Postby Muba » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:16 pm

Badgerwilde wrote:I've ordered my first LBE.

What happens to me now??

The short answer is Yes

The long answer is Yes, and beyond your imagination.
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:22 pm

What happens to me now??

:D Well the rest of us have sold our Grannies to afford as many LBE's as possible! We'll be frantically hitting the refresh button at 10am like demented woodpeckers :lol:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Badgerwilde » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:31 pm

Muba wrote:

What happens to me now??

The short answer is Yes

SO.....that's a yes then :wink: :lol:

Grace Speaker wrote: :D Well the rest of us have sold our Grannies to afford as many LBE's as possible! We'll be frantically hitting the refresh button at 10am like demented woodpeckers :lol:

I signed up for 6 LBE's...am i right in thinking i sit back and wait for them to arrive or do i need to be around tomorrow from 10am to click something?
Badgerwilde

Postby Muba » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm

Badgerwilde wrote:
Muba wrote:

What happens to me now??

The short answer is Yes

SO.....that's a yes then :wink: :lol:

Grace Speaker wrote: :D Well the rest of us have sold our Grannies to afford as many LBE's as possible! We'll be frantically hitting the refresh button at 10am like demented woodpeckers :lol:

I signed up for 6 LBE's...am i right in thinking i sit back and wait for them to arrive or do i need to be around tomorrow from 10am to click something?

thats another yes I think - they are not on sale yet
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:54 pm

If you bought a 6 LBE season ticket and told Reb you wanted it to start immediately you will be sent 1 of the 10th anniversary LBE's and 1 each of the next 5 LBE issues. However, there are so many goodies and extras mixed in to the 10th anniversary batch that you might want to treat yourself to a couple of extras :wink:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Badgerwilde » Wed Jul 09, 2014 06:57 am

Grace Speaker wrote:If you bought a 6 LBE season ticket and told Reb you wanted it to start immediately you will be sent 1 of the 10th anniversary LBE's and 1 each of the next 5 LBE issues. However, there are so many goodies and extras mixed in to the 10th anniversary batch that you might want to treat yourself to a couple of extras :wink:

Brilliant!

I did say i wanted it to begin on the 9th :D

If i can get away from work at 10am then i will endevour to get some more ;)
Badgerwilde

Postby Badgerwilde » Thu Jul 17, 2014 07:20 am

Any idea how long they take to arrive folks?

I haven't received mine yet and i'm a tad concerned i never got my Seasonal through before any deadline for the 9th LBE's...

Shall i give the shop a ring?
Badgerwilde

Postby Kelshandra » Thu Jul 17, 2014 07:48 am

Where abouts are you based? You don't have to be too particular but nearest country would help :wink: Australia is at least one week at the best of times, and I suspect they had one or two envelopes to send out...
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Badgerwilde » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:14 am

Kelshandra wrote:Where abouts are you based? You don't have to be too particular but nearest country would help :wink: Australia is at least one week at the best of times, and I suspect they had one or two envelopes to send out...

Location would help wouldn't it hehe...

I'm in Devon :D
Badgerwilde

Postby Murgatroyd » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:29 am

If in doubt, call the shop. However when you buy a season ticket, you haven't paid for postage for each of your LBE's. The nice people at the shop usually pop them in with your next order as they become available. So your one is probably sitting in a file waiting for you to order something else... It may even have the ticket for the Golden stamp, or one of the triangle sports in it, as no one has found either of those prizes yet!
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby Badgerwilde » Thu Jul 17, 2014 03:36 pm

Murgatroyd wrote:If in doubt, call the shop. However when you buy a season ticket, you haven't paid for postage for each of your LBE's. The nice people at the shop usually pop them in with your next order as they become available. So your one is probably sitting in a file waiting for you to order something else... It may even have the ticket for the Golden stamp, or one of the triangle sports in it, as no one has found either of those prizes yet!

Ohh i see!

Well that's an excuse to go up to the shop if i ever needed one!

Let me see which job i can re arrange to free my day up....
Badgerwilde

Postby Badgerwilde » Sat Jul 19, 2014 05:21 pm

Finally managed to get to the shop today and i received a very warm welcome to a soaking wet bloke in a crash helmet :D

Isobelle was very chatty and a wealth of information for a newcomer to the world of stamps and slipped a few extras in for my dedication to travelling through a storm and rain on my bike :thumbr:

Now i'm finally home i need to look at what i have and what on earth i do with my LBE, starter pack and a few extras!
Badgerwilde

Return to The Stamps