Discworld

Final draft of 2007 Stamp Yearbook

General Stamp discussion.

Final draft of 2007 Stamp Yearbook

Postby Kelshandra » Fri Jul 11, 2014 01:34 am

Tally ho good people. It seems fitting in this tenth anniversary year to celebrate with me getting back into working on the Stamp Yearbook. This is not a final version but it does contain all the bits I think should be included in the 2007 edition. This yearbook contains information and the odd article relating to the stamps released in The Year of the Reversed Ptarmigan. Due to space and sanity, it does not cover LBE, franks, FDC or the stamps from the fronts of envelopes of the time due to a lack of information or space or both but it hopefully has all the stamp information.

Why show it now? Well many eyes are more likely to see mistakes than just me. While I have not seriously played with layout or extra related images yet, the basic information should (in theory) be present and mostly correct. Plus there is bound to be stories and information that I don't know about, have forgotten or was on the wrong side of the planet to get all the details about. I would LOVE any further information- whether it is about a stamp, something the stamp is based on or something cool about an event such as the Jamboree that you went too. Full credit or anonymity is provided as preferred 8)

Millions of thanks to Steve for his fantastic stamp catalogue, as it's far easier to navigate based on time than my old archive copy of Mad Fans!

Link to dropbox file here
Last edited by Kelshandra on Sat Jul 12, 2014 01:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Needed to update the thread title
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Re: Final draft of 2007 Stamp Yearbook

Postby Kelshandra » Sat Jul 12, 2014 01:57 am

After feeling a bit off so wanting something nice and simple to do, I've been working hard formatting the yearbook and adding to entries. At this point I'm happy to declare this as the final proof draft. While I want to have a final go over to look for errors, I'm just about ready to print this up and bind it.

This is likely to be the second last Stamp Yearbook that I make (2008 is the year that I stopped due to lack of time), so if are interested in contributing anything to the next one, feel free. If it is anything like this, current, yearbook it will be about three years before I finish the next!

Link for Book (same link as above)
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Kelshandra » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:52 am

Last post as I have now declared this done- printed and bound. And so here are a few pics for the curious:
Link for downloading the final copy of the yearbook

GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby steeljam » Fri Jul 18, 2014 09:37 am

Superb piece of work Kel.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Drayax » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:49 am

That is awesome. I want one lol
"It's only stamps, sir. I mean there's no law against stamps..." - Cheery Littlebottom.
Drayax

Postby Kirsteen » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:38 am

Beautiful yearbooks Kelshandra. Must have took a long time to do.
Kirsteen

Return to The Stamps