Discworld

stanley howler journals 1-4 with specials what to do?

General Stamp discussion.

stanley howler journals 1-4 with specials what to do?

Postby CMOTD » Tue Jul 15, 2014 07:17 pm

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but was one of the first 500 sign ups to the journal so have all the special issues that came with journals 1-4, I also have 2 LBES(no 2(the stanley howler ones)) and all the original envelopes with real world stamps and date marks on. My interest was pretty short lived due to some traumatic real world events. I am now looking to sell my teenie weenie collection and just wondered what advice if any you have regards splitting items up or keeping together with all original provenance to realise the best price. I probably would have kept hold of these as they compliment the book nicely and I have every discworld novel but am currently stranded in france in desperate need of funds! Can only live on crepes for so long!

thanks in advance
And at that price...................
CMOTD

Re: stanley howler journals 1-4 with specials what to do?

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Wed Jul 16, 2014 06:13 am

Oook!

You could either sell all the Journals with their specials in one lot, or sell each as a separate item - but either way I don't recommend separating the individual Journals from their specials, since its usually the specials people want.
:!: I would highly recommend that in any case, if you have Jounal Issue 1, that you sell it by itself.

I also suggest you put the Stanley Howler LBE up for auction one at a time - nothing pushes the price down like having two of the same thing available.

As for real-world envelopes, that's trickier. There are some rare, and therefore highly popular, Emporium labels on envelopes that could do quite well by themselves, but unless you know which ones they are I'd suggest just grouping them all together. But maybe someone else here could give you better advice about them.

I can tell you, from personal experience, that it's better to wait until the end of the month - people seem more free with their bids then.

Hope this helped!
What ape? Oook! :book:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Librarians Apprentice

Re: stanley howler journals 1-4 with specials what to do?

Postby CMOTD » Wed Jul 16, 2014 01:31 pm

Thanks for that :thumbr:
And at that price...................
CMOTD

Return to The Stamps