Discworld

Green Cabbage Trading Stamps....and Hello!

General Stamp discussion.

Green Cabbage Trading Stamps....and Hello!

Postby Kirsteen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 05:48 pm

Hello all! :D

I've been browsing through the forums for quite some time now whilst arguing with my bank account about my urge to start collecting DW stamps.
I bought my first lot along with the 10th Anniversary LBE....I've since purchased more since then :shock:

I was wondering about the GCTS, I see on the form it gives the ratio.
An eg. would be... " Cat No. 0233 - Ramtop Regional Post Summer (Happy Goose) = 15"
Does that mean I would get 15 GCTS for one Ramtop? (Wishful thinking I suspect!) or I would need 15 for one GCTS?

I have spotted the gorgeous Here Be Dragons Sheet and have been drooling over it ever since!

Hope you're all well!

Kirst
Kirsteen

Re: Green Cabbage Trading Stamps....and Hello!

Postby Kelshandra » Wed Jul 16, 2014 08:31 pm

Welcome to the insanity of collecting stamps :mrgreen: A cheap and calming hobby that does not drain the bank account at all :wink:

The number means 15 Ramtops for one GCTS, I'm afraid. But on the plus side, by sending off all your spare commons, it means that you don't notice how many LBE you have bought. Or worse, start doing some math do discover how much you've spent this month...
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Jul 16, 2014 08:44 pm

Kirsteen wrote:I have spotted the gorgeous Here Be Dragons Sheet and have been drooling over it ever since!

I know just what you mean! I saved up for ages so I could get 2 - one to go in the album and one to go in a frame on the wall (apologies to serious collectors for the sacrilege!) It makes me smile every time I walk passed it :)
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Kelshandra » Wed Jul 16, 2014 08:49 pm

I have a few and since I just found a pile of GCTS from my collecting days, I am thinking of a few more so I can *collectors should brace themselves* cut them up andmake 3D stamps one day.
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Kirsteen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 08:54 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Kelshandra. I guess I better start saving up more spares :)

I'm so jealous Grace Speaker! I had the thought of framing it too! It is just too gorgeous to hide away in an album. I have a spot on the wall just waiting for it hah!
Kirsteen

Postby Kirsteen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 08:57 pm

I've just looked up 3D stamps. Those look so good! Something I will need to try once I actually have a collection. Have you made any before?
Kirsteen

Postby Kelshandra » Wed Jul 16, 2014 09:01 pm

Quite a few- that's my blog that I linked to. In the past I've donated them to assorted charity auctions. One of my favourites was of the 2007 Hogswatch stamp but the first Unseen University series looked great too.
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Kirsteen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 09:18 pm

Don't tempt me with more crafts and things to collect! :P
I would be even more jealous if/when I see you cutting up your stamps!
Kirsteen

Return to The Stamps