Discworld

GCTS Question

General Stamp discussion.

GCTS Question

Postby Lorny » Fri Jul 25, 2014 07:22 pm

Greetings all,

I have just had a nosey at the most recent exchange rate form. All my dupes are from many moons ago however, are retired stamps accepted and if so where can I find the exchange information?

Thanking you kindly! :)
They'd come here to spoon and, on one memorable occasion, fork.
Lorny

Re: GCTS Question

Postby Murgatroyd » Fri Jul 25, 2014 07:38 pm

Usually stamps are only accepted under the CGTS for a limited period after they have been retired. There's no exchange info for old stamps... However that might not be bad news, as there seem to be a number of new collectors out there who might be interested in taking them off your hands! Try listing them in the stamps trading thread.
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby Lorny » Fri Jul 25, 2014 07:48 pm

Murgatroyd wrote:Usually stamps are only accepted under the CGTS for a limited period after they have been retired.

Ahh I seesy, like you said not the end of the world! Swapsies are always fun :bounce: Thank you!
One more question if you would be so kind, are sports only available via sheet buying and LBEs or can they turn up if you've ordered a single from the shop? I only ask as I went a bit mad last night and bought one individual of each of those currently available and that got me thinking about it...

Thanks muchly :)
Lorny

Postby phalarope » Fri Jul 25, 2014 08:03 pm

Nope, sports as singles only end up in LBEs, although some issues that are used for special covers might get a sport on a cover. But you aren't going to 'luck' into a sport by buying singles. Folks who have sports available for trade are sometimes willing to take cash - and that guarantees you will get the little treasure. :wink:
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby Murgatroyd » Fri Jul 25, 2014 08:05 pm

Sports are usually available on the sheet, except of course, for the ones that aren't... If the sports are not printed on the sheet, the only way to get them will be in LBE's. As to sports that are printed on the stamp sheet, these too can only be found as individual stamps in LBE's. The shop will be sending you a "common" of each of the stamps you bought, (probably... and for a given value of "Common")
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby Lorny » Fri Jul 25, 2014 08:11 pm

Cheers my duckies, sheets it is then I guess! 8) Well if anything at least I've filled a small gap in my collection now hehe, roll on payday!
Lorny

Return to The Stamps