Discworld

So, um, are there LBE for sale or have we broken the shop?

General Stamp discussion.

So, um, are there LBE for sale or have we broken the shop?

Postby Kelshandra » Sat Aug 02, 2014 06:05 am

I only say because I went to see what the LBE was if I was to hypothetically* buy a couple to start low key collecting again only to find that there is only the sold out 10th anniversary and the season ticket...

* I solemnly swear I will only be going for commons *eye twitch*
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Re: So, um, are there LBE for sale or have we broken the shop?

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Aug 02, 2014 09:48 am

Kelshandra wrote:I only say because I went to see what the LBE was if I was to hypothetically* buy a couple to start low key collecting again only to find that there is only the sold out 10th anniversary and the season ticket...

* I solemnly swear I will only be going for commons *eye twitch*

:lol: I know just what you mean! I've definitely been feeling some fidgety LBE withdrawal symptoms.... Surely it's time for a DWCON LBE? :wink:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby the_apprentice » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:45 pm

Won't be long, me hearties! Details coming this week. Effectively, we broke the perforator. The bloke, not the machine. He simply couldn't take any more. He was found, curled into a ball, rocking back and forth.
the_apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Sun Aug 03, 2014 01:17 pm

the_apprentice wrote:Won't be long, me hearties! Details coming this week. Effectively, we broke the perforator. The bloke, not the machine. He simply couldn't take any more. He was found, curled into a ball, rocking back and forth.
:lol: Give him a handful of dried frog pills and a pint of his favourite tipple and he'll be right as rain in no time :D

Any chance of a teensy clue? :D :bounce: :D
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Kelshandra » Sun Aug 03, 2014 06:54 pm

Many years ago I was on holiday and visited a lighthouse. It was a lovely spot. Gleaming white lighthouse, lovely rugged coast, sun shining down brightly. While on a tour around the inside they told the tale of how the lighthouse keepers (being canny sorts) would always agree to let visitors climb the lighthouse and see the lovely view from the top- if they carried a can of kerosene (the fuel for the light at the time) up to the top.

Perhaps the shop needs to consider such a fee for visitors. Aside from working out the security issue (sports? What sports? And can I buy this LBE that I just stuffed please?), it might give the poor man a break :mrgreen:
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby the_apprentice » Mon Aug 04, 2014 09:10 am

Grace Speaker wrote: Any chance of a teensy clue? :D :bounce: :D

Well, the con is themed on the Grand Exhibition of Ankh-Morpork - which celebrates Artistry and Industry... So a brace of new stamps might be expected.

There will of course be details later in the week.

Kelshandra wrote:Many years ago I was on holiday and visited a lighthouse. It was a lovely spot. Gleaming white lighthouse, lovely rugged coast, sun shining down brightly. While on a tour around the inside they told the tale of how the lighthouse keepers (being canny sorts) would always agree to let visitors climb the lighthouse and see the lovely view from the top- if they carried a can of kerosene (the fuel for the light at the time) up to the top.

Perhaps the shop needs to consider such a fee for visitors. Aside from working out the security issue (sports? What sports? And can I buy this LBE that I just stuffed please?), it might give the poor man a break :mrgreen:

...mwah ha haaaa...
the_apprentice

Postby the_apprentice » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Ok, DON'T LAUGH, our perforating pixie has been in this morning to report the worlds first case of perforator's elbow.
the_apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:08 pm

the_apprentice wrote:Ok, DON'T LAUGH, our perforating pixie has been in this morning to report the worlds first case of perforator's elbow.

:lol: :lol: :lol: poor chap! I bet no one believes that's actually how he hurt himself :oops: :wink:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Murgatroyd » Wed Aug 06, 2014 04:05 pm

Well, the con is themed on the Grand Exhibition of Ankh-Morpork - which celebrates Artistry and Industry... So a brace of new stamps might be expected.

Cutting it a bit fine aren't you? Please, please can we have some details before heading up to the con?
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby the_apprentice » Wed Aug 06, 2014 04:50 pm

Murgatroyd wrote:

Cutting it a bit fine aren't you? Please, please can we have some details before heading up to the con?

It's a-coming, it's a-coming... Just fixing images to emails....

The main important bit, folks, is that this LBE will NOT be a limited edition. It will be available to all and sundry from, Friday 15th (I think), and will run for a wee while. We have made the decision because July's issue was such a scramble and September will have something a bit special in it too... So this time, you can relax and enjoy the stampy goodness at your own pace.

No Limits, no prize tickets, no exclusives... a nice, relaxing LBE with a couple of new issues to add to the on-going range.

Phew.
the_apprentice

Postby Muba » Wed Aug 06, 2014 05:43 pm

the_apprentice wrote:
No Limits, no prize tickets, no exclusives... a nice, relaxing LBE with a couple of new issues to add to the on-going range.

Phew.

Just when we were expecting a plantinum $5 triangle sport, 2 prizes in each LBE, sprinkles (not had those for absolutely years), loads of new stamps, several sports for each stamp etc. In fact I was hoping for another LBE inside each LBE, and that applies to the ones inside ... ad infinitum.
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Murgatroyd » Wed Aug 06, 2014 07:23 pm

Thanks Ian,
That takes the pressure off having to be in two places at once... my stall and your queue! :D Except I'll have to join your queue at some stage!
The new goodies look wonderful... I must have them all... eventually!
And the diary lookth thuperp!!
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Aug 06, 2014 08:59 pm

the_apprentice wrote:The main important bit, folks, is that this LBE will NOT be a limited edition. It will be available to all and sundry from, Friday 15th (I think), and will run for a wee while. We have made the decision because July's issue was such a scramble and September will have something a bit special in it too...
ooooooooooohhhhhhh you tease! :D :D :D
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Drayax » Thu Aug 07, 2014 05:33 pm

The new stamps look great, can't wait to get my grubby mitts on some of them.

First day cover looks good too. I notice its a limited edition. How fast do they usually sell out? Wondering if I need to start oiling my trigger finger again.
"It's only stamps, sir. I mean there's no law against stamps..." - Cheery Littlebottom.
Drayax

Postby Kelshandra » Thu Aug 07, 2014 08:23 pm

As a general rule, first day covers don't have that level of insanity. Not everyone collects them, which makes a big difference, and even those who do typically just want one, not multiples like LBE.
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Next

Return to The Stamps