Discworld

Time for a stamp trading cleanup?

General Stamp discussion.

Time for a stamp trading cleanup?

Postby Kelshandra » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Hello good peoples. While we are waiting with bated breath for the arrival of LBE, it seems timely to think about updating the trading forums.

If you have a post in one of the threads (particularly the 'stamps to trade' thread), all you need to do is update it if you have not done so this year (the forum software will automatically put in the date of the last edit). In two weeks(ish), I'll go through and send reminder messages to anyone who has not yet done so. After that, I'll clean up the old, out of date stuff.

If you no longer want a post, just edit it to 'please delete' or something equally cryptic for me, and feel free to delete a post and repost if you wish. My only goal is to have posts reasonably up to date so people can browse with the knowledge that the person is a) still around and b) Has the stamp in question.
The Geeky Goblin My irregular crafting inspirations
Currently working on the 2010 and 2018 Yearbooks- 2017 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Re: Time for a stamp trading cleanup?

Postby Frank the Younger » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:02 am

If someone has subscribed to the topic does an edit generate a message saying something has changed or is it only when a new message is posted?
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
Frank the Younger

Postby Joolz » Tue Sep 30, 2014 01:41 pm

Frank the Younger wrote:If someone has subscribed to the topic does an edit generate a message saying something has changed or is it only when a new message is posted?
I'm pretty sure it's just when a new message is posted not when an existing one is edited.
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Joolz

Postby Darren » Tue Sep 30, 2014 01:56 pm

Correct - only for new posts. In much the same way that editing the final post in a thread that's down the page-list won't bring it to the top again.
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby Kelshandra » Sat Oct 18, 2014 01:22 am

I am just starting to send PMs now. If you see this message before I get to your post (assuming it has not been touched this year), if you can update or edit it to 'please delete' you will save me a job :D

I am going to give two week's warning via PM before removing old posts. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
The Geeky Goblin My irregular crafting inspirations
Currently working on the 2010 and 2018 Yearbooks- 2017 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Return to The Stamps