Discworld

Stampy Things to do in Wincanton

General Stamp discussion.

Stampy Things to do in Wincanton

Postby Martin » Fri May 01, 2015 02:56 pm

I'll be visiting Wincanton over the summer -- other than visiting the renamed-streets and go in the shop, is there anything else I should do?

Are there stampy things someone how has never been to the shop before know about?

Etc., etc? :)
Martin

Re: Stampy Things to do in Wincanton

Postby I.B.Igor » Fri May 01, 2015 03:31 pm

Go, have fun, have a curry, the one in the high street is great ( ask the locals or better still Alan who does a regular curry fest in Wincanton ) enjoy the pubs, The bear and the Dolphin, and Uncle Toms cabin.( They sell proper cider, Not Ciderr )
After having a wander, go into the shop ( check its open and expecting you , give em a call first ) then arrive, and wave bye bye to the contents of your bank balance. If the old reprobate called Bernard is in, give him a hug from me. :D Its the most enjoyable organized mugging you will ever get, stamps may be available. :wink: :lol:
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby Martin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 07:43 am

After what seems like a lifetime, it appears I'm on my way... will probably get to wander around tomorrow (or possibly Sunday!)
Martin

Postby I.B.Igor » Fri Aug 28, 2015 08:23 am

Enjoy, and I wish I were with you, its been far too long since I was in Wincanton. :(
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:30 am

Martin wrote:After what seems like a lifetime, it appears I'm on my way... will probably get to wander around tomorrow (or possibly Sunday!)
The Emporium is open on Saturday but is usually closed on a Sunday, so if you can't get there tomorrow give them a call as they are sometimes able to open on the Sunday by appointment, bless 'em! :thumbr:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Return to The Stamps