Discworld

The Treacle Mine Road LBE

General Stamp discussion.

Re: The Treacle Mine Road LBE

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed May 27, 2015 09:11 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian - any chance the Stamp Fairy will make an appearance on an Emberella in the not too distant future ?!? :wink:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Vicky4Ecks » Wed May 27, 2015 09:19 am

Wish there was a like button for this!...We could do a whole set! Stamp Fairy and Minions!!!
Vicky4Ecks

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed May 27, 2015 09:39 am

Vicky4Ecks wrote:Wish there was a like button for this!...We could do a whole set! Stamp Fairy and Minions!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: Stamp Fairy and the Minions! LOVE IT! nearly choked on my tea laughing at the thought of that!!!!!

. . . although there's probably some copyright issues about the Minions, so maybe it should be the Stamp Fairy and the Apprentices perhaps? All the Apprentices could be in big bushy false beards, wearing oversized dungarees and smoking pipes . . . any cussin' and swearin' is optional :lol: :wink:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Vicky4Ecks » Wed May 27, 2015 10:19 am

I'd love to see Reb dressed up like this! It could be done a whole sheet too, sort of like the Blue Bernard....and rainbow coloured with various faces
Vicky4Ecks

Postby Muba » Wed May 27, 2015 05:21 pm

My LBEs arrived with these on the cover. Not only 'old' stamps but a frank that doesn't seem to be in the catalogue - wasn't this used on the Fanny postcard?

You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby steeljam » Wed May 27, 2015 05:25 pm

Muba wrote:My LBEs arrived with these on the cover. Not only 'old' stamps but a frank that doesn't seem to be in the catalogue - wasn't this used on the Fanny postcard?
This means another dive into the Stamp Box next time I visit the shop.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed May 27, 2015 06:57 pm

Muba wrote:My LBEs arrived with these on the cover. Not only 'old' stamps but a frank that doesn't seem to be in the catalogue - wasn't this used on the Fanny postcard?
Oooooo, am very jealous! I hope I get that frank on my envelope too as that frank was used before I became a collector and, having looked through the franks on Steve's catalogue, I've missed some corkers!
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed May 27, 2015 08:56 pm

Frank the Younger wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:**I've not met the Stamp Fairy, but in my imagination he comes with a fetching beard, a pair of tweezers***, maybe a set of dungarees and a pipe, definitely with a pint of his favourite tipple in hand . . . and possibly a ceremonial tu-tu, but only for special occasions :lol:

***for the stamps, not the beard!

Well I've never seen Bernard in a tu-tu but we can always hope. :D
It might look something like this:
:lol:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu May 28, 2015 04:43 pm

OK, erm . . . postman has been and gone and still no parcel from the Emporium . . . am a bit worried that my earlier posts below might have upset the Stamp Fairy ?!? :? Eeeek! :shock:

Advice please! What does the Stamp Fairy do to you if he thinks you've been naughty??? and how do you get back in his good books?
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu May 28, 2015 06:17 pm

GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri May 29, 2015 01:25 pm

Yippeeee the postman came bearing gifts! The Stamp Fairy isn't cross with me after all !! :D

In my LBEs I got the sport of the Penny Copper and 2 sports of the TMR Watch House :D :D :D I also got a sport of the Thieves' Guild and colour variations of the 25p Sgt John Keel (has areas that are slightly lighter and yellowy-green, rather than a uniform dark green) and the Dr Whiteface (the background on the left hand side is much whiter than the right which is the usual cream).

Despite the shop stating very clearly that there is no sport stamp on the Sgt John Keel sheet, I still found myself checking just in case (couldn't help myself, sorry! :roll: ), when I realised that my sheet only has horizontal perforations and no vertical ones, so even though there is no sport stamp, I have a sport sheet . . . . and not a bugger-up at all !!! :lol: :wink:

What did everyone else get?
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby the_apprentice » Fri May 29, 2015 03:14 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:Despite the shop stating very clearly that there is no sport stamp on the Sgt John Keel sheet, I still found myself checking just in case (couldn't help myself, sorry! :roll: ), when I realised that my sheet only has horizontal perforations and no vertical ones, so even though there is no sport stamp, I have a sport sheet . . . . and not a bugger-up at all !!! :lol: :wink:

Buttocks.

You got 0.2% extra stamp sheet, free!

Contact the Reb on Monday and we'll make sure you get a proper one too. Sorry about that.
the_apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri May 29, 2015 03:46 pm

the_apprentice wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:Despite the shop stating very clearly that there is no sport stamp on the Sgt John Keel sheet, I still found myself checking just in case (couldn't help myself, sorry! :roll: ), when I realised that my sheet only has horizontal perforations and no vertical ones, so even though there is no sport stamp, I have a sport sheet . . . . and not a bugger-up at all !!! :lol: :wink:

Buttocks.

Contact the Reb on Monday and we'll make sure you get a proper one too. Sorry about that.
No worries, m'dear, I have 0.2% extra stamp sheet that no one else has - although, crivens! that means I owe you 1.6p . . . . er . . . I might have to saw a bit off a 2p coin . . . :lol:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Vicky4Ecks » Sun May 31, 2015 06:23 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
the_apprentice wrote:

Buttocks.

No worries, m'dear, I have 0.2% extra stamp sheet that no one else has - although, crivens! that means I owe you 1.6p . . . . er . . . I might have to saw a bit off a 2p coin . . . :lol:

Thats funny, cos I myself like having a bit less stamp than everyone else
Vicky4Ecks

Postby Grace Speaker » Sun May 31, 2015 06:32 pm

Vicky4Ecks wrote:Thats funny, cos I myself like having a bit less stamp than everyone else
. . .so you like extra perforations, eh? That's a bit purvy . . . or maybe perfy! :lol: :wink:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

PreviousNext

Return to The Stamps