Discworld

New LBE and stamp

General Stamp discussion.

New LBE and stamp

Postby steeljam » Mon Aug 24, 2015 08:46 am

New LBE, The Somewhat Pointed LBE, went on sale this morning with a new Lancre Sixpence stamp.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Re: New LBE and stamp

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:13 pm

steeljam wrote:New LBE, The Somewhat Pointed LBE, went on sale this morning with a new Lancre Sixpence stamp.
Did it, by Io?!? OOoooh the sneaky buggers - they never tell us nuffin! Am off to have a look now :D
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Murgatroyd » Mon Aug 24, 2015 02:23 pm

Damn... messed up my record for early spotting... But to be fair I only just got home from wadfest... Never mind, Now ordered and cheerfully anticipat...........ed. :D
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby CanadianGadfly » Mon Aug 24, 2015 03:18 pm

That's a bit strange that you're surprised. I ordered my LBEs yesterday. I suspected something was coming soon, as we're getting near the end of the month. I also spotted something flying over Lancre Castle on one of the stamps. Hmmm? :D
CanadianGadfly

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Aug 24, 2015 03:40 pm

CanadianGadfly wrote:That's a bit strange that you're surprised. I ordered my LBEs yesterday.
Did you, by Om? And without telling us on the Forum that you'd spotted a new LBE?!? :shock: you naughty CanadianGadfly, you!

To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything until later this week as I thought they might do an LBE issue to coincide with the UK launch of The Shepherd's Crown, but it looks like they might be waiting a bit longer to do one for The Shepherd's Crown - maybe because there's different and later release dates for other countries

And it's about time the good ladies in question made an appearance :D I wonder which one it is . . .
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby the_apprentice » Mon Aug 24, 2015 04:11 pm

Teehee... Hopefully it wasn't TOO sneaky... you did get your mailouts didn't you...?!

This issue was instigated by a couple of collectors who saw the stamp artwork at a larger scale and preferred it greatly... so blame them... they shall remain nameless, however I can confirm that they rhyme with Cott and Scarole.
the_apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Aug 24, 2015 04:28 pm

the_apprentice wrote:Teehee... Hopefully it wasn't TOO sneaky... you did get your mailouts didn't you...?!
I didn't receive a mailout about the latest LBE . . . the Feegles must have pinched it! O waily, waily waily!! :(

the_apprentice wrote:This issue was instigated by a couple of collectors who saw the stamp artwork at a larger scale and preferred it greatly... so blame them... they shall remain nameless, however I can confirm that they rhyme with Cott and Scarole.
those lucky Sasquaners!! :mrgreen:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby the_apprentice » Mon Aug 24, 2015 05:11 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
the_apprentice wrote:Teehee... Hopefully it wasn't TOO sneaky... you did get your mailouts didn't you...?!
I didn't receive a mailout about the latest LBE . . . the Feegles must have pinched it! O waily, waily waily!! :(

Hmmm... there does seem to be a backlog of mails still waiting to go out... it should have gone out Sunday morning, I'll get that rectified! Eep...
the_apprentice

Postby Murgatroyd » Mon Aug 24, 2015 06:39 pm

My mail-out just arrived... Too late! I've already bought it all! :D
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby phalarope » Tue Aug 25, 2015 02:42 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:

the_apprentice wrote:This issue was instigated by a couple of collectors who saw the stamp artwork at a larger scale and preferred it greatly... so blame them... they shall remain nameless, however I can confirm that they rhyme with Cott and Scarole.
those lucky Sasquaners!! :mrgreen:

Nuffin to do wif Sasquaners, gov. Nivver laid eyes on that bit o paper in me life. I was just as surprised as you.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby steeljam » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Got my order this morning and there was a new stamp on the envelope :D
Brightened up a murky morning
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Murgatroyd » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:33 pm

Yes, It's a lovely stamp to join the bee series!...

I noticed that Bernard had been at the LBE's again :D
Out of six LBE's I had five "Personalized" with Wonderful cartoons and encouraging messages like "This could be it - Or not", "Our Own Igor", or "You Git!"
Always a joy :D
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:48 pm

I got a Bernard Bee as well :D

Although, sadly no Bernard doodles or any sports, Triangles or Dead Letters (them's the breaks :roll: ) but I did get an 'Igor 2 Igor' and 'UU Handle With Care' stickers so I now have a full set :D If anyone has a spare Jolly Sailor sticker, I could give it a loving home . . . :wink:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Aug 26, 2015 01:42 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:I got a Bernard Bee as well :D

Although, sadly no Bernard doodles or any sports, Triangles or Dead Letters (them's the breaks :roll: ) but I did get an 'Igor 2 Igor' and 'UU Handle With Care' stickers so I now have a full set :D If anyone has a spare Jolly Sailor sticker, I could give it a loving home . . . :wink:

Addendum - I did get a sport :D there was a reticent Lord Vetinari, sans chien, hiding behind a 3p Assassins Guild
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby barber80 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:55 pm

I've got a Cider bee
barber80

Next

Return to The Stamps