Discworld

the next LBE will be....

General Stamp discussion.

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby steeljam » Tue Oct 27, 2015 08:30 pm

The Penny Farthing is a beautiful work of art. It certainly will be in my top five and may got tops after I see it in the paper.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
steeljam
Monitor
 
Posts: 17666
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 06:54 pm
Location: Welling in Kent

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Oct 30, 2015 06:33 pm

Blast! I got 'we were unable to deliver because . . . it's too large for your letterbox' note from Mr Postman today, which I suspect is my Emporium order with my LBEs in it - now have to wait until Monday for it to be redelivered . . . grrrrrr! :evil:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 4604
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby Squigglyx » Fri Oct 30, 2015 09:10 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:Blast! I got 'we were unable to deliver because . . . it's too large for your letterbox' note from Mr Postman today, which I suspect is my Emporium order with my LBEs in it - now have to wait until Monday for it to be redelivered . . . grrrrrr! :evil:


That's either a lot of LBEs or a small letterbox.......
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
Squigglyx
 
Posts: 7107
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:17 pm
Location: Near to t'hill in Lancashire

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Oct 31, 2015 02:44 pm

Squigglyx wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:Blast! I got 'we were unable to deliver because . . . it's too large for your letterbox' note from Mr Postman today, which I suspect is my Emporium order with my LBEs in it - now have to wait until Monday for it to be redelivered . . . grrrrrr! :evil:


That's either a lot of LBEs or a small letterbox.......
the latter, sadly, as it's in a very old door, BUT some people on the Book of Face have received their gold copies of The Shepherd's Crown, so it could be that - but won't know 'til Monday . . . p-word, p-word, p-word!
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 4604
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby the_apprentice » Tue Nov 03, 2015 04:15 pm

Wotcha!

I passed a few of the comments about the new stamps on to David who was tickled pink, saying 'it's very kind of people to write such positive things - gives me a nice warm glow!', off the back of that he's also agreed to do some more for us in future!
the_apprentice
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 02:28 pm

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Nov 03, 2015 05:31 pm

the_apprentice wrote:Wotcha!

I passed a few of the comments about the new stamps on to David who was tickled pink, saying 'it's very kind of people to write such positive things - gives me a nice warm glow!', off the back of that he's also agreed to do some more for us in future!
VERY glad to hear it - love his artwork! :thumbl:
Is there any chance of the UU Penny Farthing ever being issued as a signed print? :D :bounce: :D
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 4604
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby the_apprentice » Wed Nov 04, 2015 09:04 am

I could ask the question at the next round of approvals. Can't promise anything.
the_apprentice
 
Posts: 607
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 02:28 pm

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:39 am

the_apprentice wrote:I could ask the question at the next round of approvals. Can't promise anything.
:thumbl: You're a gent Sir and no mistake!
as the ol' saying goes: "if'n yer don't ask, yer don't get" :wink:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 4604
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby Whos Wee Dug » Wed Nov 04, 2015 01:28 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
Squigglyx wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:Blast! I got 'we were unable to deliver because . . . it's too large for your letterbox' note from Mr Postman today, which I suspect is my Emporium order with my LBEs in it - now have to wait until Monday for it to be redelivered . . . grrrrrr! :evil:


That's either a lot of LBEs or a small letterbox.......
the latter, sadly, as it's in a very old door, BUT some people on the Book of Face have received their gold copies of The Shepherd's Crown, so it could be that - but won't know 'til Monday . . . p-word, p-word, p-word!

Was it your book of gold or stampy thingies. :?:
A Midgie in yur hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Whos Wee Dug
 
Posts: 3541
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:01 pm
Location: Bonnie Scotland

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Nov 04, 2015 06:40 pm

Whos Wee Dug wrote:Was it your book of gold or stampy thingies. :?:

It turned out to be the book of gold, which I haven't had the heart to take out of it's protective wrapper yet. But then the LBE's turned up later - still haven't had a chance to go through them properly, but have spotted that I've at least got the Not Vun Drop sport - very happy about this, as was beginning to worry that I'd never get one :D
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 4604
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby Whos Wee Dug » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Are you not curious to see what your numbered print is. :mrgreen:
A Midgie in yur hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Whos Wee Dug
 
Posts: 3541
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:01 pm
Location: Bonnie Scotland

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:02 pm

Whos Wee Dug wrote:Are you not curious to see what your numbered print is. :mrgreen:
Ah, they very helpfully put the number on a label on the outside of the protective wrap . . . but I will open it carefully at the weekend as I'm looking forward to putting the signed Paul Kidby print in a frame.

It would look lovely next to a signed print of the UU Penny Farthing by David Wyatt . . . :wink:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 4604
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby Murgatroyd » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:14 pm

Don't worry about missing out on a sport until it's listed in the "Endangered" section... I waited ages to get a nothingford sport... and eventually bought a sheet to dismember for it... I've since found several more in LBE's...
But I'm glad you had a good find!
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:46 pm
Location: South Woodford, London.

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby Whos Wee Dug » Thu Nov 05, 2015 08:12 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
Whos Wee Dug wrote:Are you not curious to see what your numbered print is. :mrgreen:
Ah, they very helpfully put the number on a label on the outside of the protective wrap . . . but I will open it carefully at the weekend as I'm looking forward to putting the signed Paul Kidby print in a frame.

It would look lovely next to a signed print of the UU Penny Farthing by David Wyatt . . . :wink:

Tiz a nice looking little thing, twill go under ISWM one. :D :mrgreen:
A Midgie in yur hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Whos Wee Dug
 
Posts: 3541
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:01 pm
Location: Bonnie Scotland

Re: the next LBE will be....

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Nov 05, 2015 08:30 pm

Whos Wee Dug wrote:Tiz a nice looking little thing, twill go under ISWM one. :D :mrgreen:
er . . . I just tried Googling 'ISWM' and it came back with 'Integrated Solid Waste Management' ! :lol:
Am really hoping that's not what you meant?! :wink:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 4604
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

PreviousNext

Return to The Stamps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron