Discworld

Hogswatch II, Return of the Dragons...

General Stamp discussion.

Hogswatch II, Return of the Dragons...

Postby the_apprentice » Wed Dec 09, 2015 04:37 pm

So as you'll all know, we tend to follow up the limited edition Hogswatch LBE with the Hogswatch Season LBE,to give everyone a second chance at getting their mitts on this years Hogswatch stamps. This year is no different, that's still very much the plan, but with a little twist. To be perfectly honest, we're all running flat out at the moment. Our team have been packing 6-7 days a week to keep on top of orders to make sure that as many people as possible get their Christmas presents in good time and to make sure that the quality of our service and speed of delivery is not compromised at this busy time, so we've made the decision to change things up a bit.
As you know on the Discworld Hogswatchnight marks the changing of the Year. Therefore this year we'll be releasing the Hogswatch Season LBE later than usual. The Hogswatch Season LBE for the Year of the Spinning Mouse will be the first off the stocks in the New Year. If we were to try and release a new issue now it would likely mean that overseas collectors would have an awfully long wait for their LBEs, with the added risk of something going amiss in the busy Christmas post, it would also mean that we would struggle to keep up and we really really don't like letting people down.
On the plus side, it means there will be something to look forward to in the early days of 2016 and this will give people chance to take stock of their collections, make swaps, package up and GCTS submissions and generally give their wallets a rest from stamping over the festive holidays.
The Hogswatch Season LBE will also include a little freebie from us in the form of a festive reworking of a classic. We'll get details to you as early as possible in 2016.

We hope this will please the maximum amount of people and not cause too much bother for our valued and wonderful collectors (that's you lot).

This means that we've had the final LBE for the Year of the Spinning Mouse... so we'd like add a MASSIVE thank you for all your support, kindness, friendship and feedback over the year. Next year we've got an awful lot of goodies to look forward to with some wonderful guest artists already lined up. We've got some great new ideas, some classic 'traditional' stamps, some new print techniques, new definitive designs, plenty of new regional stamps and, quite possibly, a partridge in some sort of fruit tree.

We feel the the Year of the Spinning Mouse has been a strong year for Discworld stamps; collector-ship is still growing all over the world, we've had input from fabulous artists like David Wyatt, Peter Dennis and Bill Sanderson, we've seen new themes and the beginnings of new series (we've got plans for the Historic Ankh-Morpork and the Great Artworks seriesesesses) and throughout it all we've had great fun putting these offerings together for you.

We'll be hanging around in the forum to answer any queries you may have, or as ever feel free to drop me a line at ian@discworldemporium.com

From us all, for now, THANK YOU and Happy Hogswatch!
Last edited by the_apprentice on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the_apprentice

Re: Hogswatch II, Return of the Dragons...

Postby Basement » Wed Dec 09, 2015 04:56 pm

the_apprentice wrote:... it means there will be something to look forward to in the early days of 2017

So they've got to wait over 12 months for it??? :wink: :lol:
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Postby Darren » Wed Dec 09, 2015 04:57 pm

the_apprentice wrote:something to look forward to in the early days of 2017

You're taking a year off? Isn't Bernard a bit old to be in One Direction?

Editted to add - snap!
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Dec 09, 2015 05:10 pm

I really like the idea of the Hogswatch Season LBE being followed by a Hogswatchnight LBE on the 31st . . . but please make don't make us wait until 2017!!!!! :shock:

Now look what you've done - you've gone and made me use five exclamation marks! :mrgreen:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby the_apprentice » Wed Dec 09, 2015 05:31 pm

I don't kow WHAT you're all talking about... I think if you look at the entirely unedited post you'll find it correct in every way.
the_apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Dec 09, 2015 05:43 pm

the_apprentice wrote:I don't kow WHAT you're all talking about... I think if you look at the entirely unedited post you'll find it correct in every way.
:lol:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby phalarope » Wed Dec 09, 2015 06:44 pm

Quantum.

Not to mention drool. Slaver slaver. A tasty treat for the dark days of winter, after all the hullabaloo of Christmas has left us feeling a bit flat and in need of fortification.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Squigglyx » Wed Dec 09, 2015 09:22 pm

Has the unedited post re-edited itself again or is this a duplicate 2017 version?

the_apprentice wrote:.............
On the plus side, it means there will be something to look forward to in the early days of 2017 and this will give people chance to take stock of their collections, make swaps, package up and GCTS submissions and generally give their wallets a rest from stamping over the festive holidays...........
Squigglyx

Postby the_apprentice » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Squigglyx wrote:Has the unedited post re-edited itself again or is this a duplicate 2017 version?

the_apprentice wrote:.............
On the plus side, it means there will be something to look forward to in the early days of 2017 and this will give people chance to take stock of their collections, make swaps, package up and GCTS submissions and generally give their wallets a rest from stamping over the festive holidays...........

Nope... Neither... Definitely not!

Like I was saying.... About our usual standards of diligence and customer care...
the_apprentice

Postby Muba » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:25 pm

The future sounds promising .......

....... but ........

have we had a naming of the year announcement yet? Could I have missed it?
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby steeljam » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:42 am

Muba wrote:The future sounds promising .......

....... but ........

have we had a naming of the year announcement yet? Could I have missed it?

It was announced by Rob at the release of A Shepherd's Crown
Year of the Sneezing Panda
It has also been on the Catalogue home page for a while
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Murgatroyd » Fri Jan 01, 2016 03:23 pm

Here's wishing all a Very Happy New Year, (Of the sneezing panda), and eagerly awaiting the Seasonal LBE!
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Jan 05, 2016 06:18 pm

psssst . . . . psssssssst . . . 'ere guvnor - when we gettin' the Hogswatchnight LBE then?
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Murgatroyd » Wed Jan 06, 2016 04:13 pm

It's virtually arrived! As soon as the system is fully updated it will be available! :D
Right now it's Schrodinger's LBE... There, but not there!

And the Mini Sheet is beautiful! :thumbl:
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Jan 06, 2016 04:47 pm

oooooo, just seen the minisheet - LOVE IT! :D The LBE seems to be stuck in L-space though! :lol:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Next

Return to The Stamps