Discworld

The definitive article!

General Stamp discussion.

The definitive article!

Postby the_apprentice » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:05 am

Wotcha folks, just a quickie to let you know that the Definitives for the Year of the Sneezing Panda are now pretty much ready! For the past 6 years I've alternated between a recolour and a redesign, meaning this years efforts are all new designs! I've gone for a very traditional, bold and simple set of designs with some fun sports. I was particularly focussing on the range as a set, each stamp has elements that cross over with the others to give them a very strong family resemblance and I have to say I'm quite pleased with 'em. I hope you like them too.

We'll be releasing the LBE first, in a week or two to give everyone chance to get their Hogswatch Season LBEs, the sheets and singles will be released a while after that once we've cleared the decks and perforated more stock.
the_apprentice

Re: The definitive article!

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:16 am

Oooooo, liking the sound of some redesigns :thumbl:

. . . can we get any sneaky peaks? :wink: :bounce:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Karenjo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 01:02 pm

WOW I'm looking forward to the new stamps....!
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" Oscar Wilde
Karenjo

Postby Vicky4Ecks » Tue Jan 26, 2016 08:12 pm

I gotta finish getting sports of the old ones first! Any chance of them still being in stock by Friday night/Saturday morning? Would very much love the excuse to come up to the Emporium over the weekend :)
Vicky4Ecks

Postby the_apprentice » Wed Jan 27, 2016 04:55 pm

Vicky4Ecks wrote:I gotta finish getting sports of the old ones first! Any chance of them still being in stock by Friday night/Saturday morning? Would very much love the excuse to come up to the Emporium over the weekend :)

I'm afraid to say that they have now been archived and are no longer available. Sorry :(
the_apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 06:09 pm

the_apprentice wrote:
Vicky4Ecks wrote:I gotta finish getting sports of the old ones first! Any chance of them still being in stock by Friday night/Saturday morning? Would very much love the excuse to come up to the Emporium over the weekend :)

I'm afraid to say that they have now been archived and are no longer available. Sorry :(
When do we get a sneaky peak at the new ones?! :D :bounce:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 06:45 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
the_apprentice wrote:I'm afraid to say that they have now been archived and are no longer available. Sorry :(
When do we get a sneaky peak at the new ones?! :D :bounce:

oooooo - just spotted this in an email from The Stanley Howler Journal :wink:
http://www.stanleyhowlerjournal.co.uk/showpage.php
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby the_apprentice » Wed Jan 27, 2016 07:23 pm

Teehee... After all these years I still can't work out how to put pictures on this forum. So I sent it to Steve.

P.s. Grace, I still haven't seen any Star Wars films, as I promised I would when we met, but I did watch the Star Trek movie, which is pretty much the same thing right?
the_apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 08:12 pm

the_apprentice wrote:Teehee... After all these years I still can't work out how to put pictures on this forum. So I sent it to Steve.

P.s. Grace, I still haven't seen any Star Wars films, as I promised I would when we met, but I did watch the Star Trek movie, which is pretty much the same thing right?
Oooo Ian Mitchell, May You Be Forgiven!!! How very dare you! Them's fightin' words them!! :twisted: :lol: :wink:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Thu Jan 28, 2016 06:46 am

Grace Speaker wrote:
the_apprentice wrote:P.s. Grace, I still haven't seen any Star Wars films, as I promised I would when we met, but I did watch the Star Trek movie, which is pretty much the same thing right?
Oooo Ian Mitchell, May You Be Forgiven!!! How very dare you! Them's fightin' words them!! :twisted: :lol: :wink:
Eeek!

Ian, you need to move house RIGHT NOW. Don't bother to pack, just grab Reb and RUN before the Trekkies or the Star Wars fans* read this - and you know they will!

Otherwise you WILL find yourself being challenged to endless light-saber and bat'leth duels. Not to mention how you'll constantly find yourself waking up in odd places due to all the Vulcan knock-out pinches.

* Sorry, I don't know their collective noun - no slight meant to either side of the Force
What ape? Oook! :book:
Librarians Apprentice

Postby steeljam » Thu Jan 28, 2016 05:57 pm

Librarians Apprentice wrote: or the Star Wars fans* read this - and you know they will!
* Sorry, I don't know their collective noun - no slight meant to either side of the Force

Straws?
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Jan 28, 2016 09:33 pm

steeljam wrote:
Librarians Apprentice wrote: or the Star Wars fans* read this - and you know they will!

Straws?

:lol:
My best friend and I have a long running pune - he's Darth Bugger and I'm Darth Moo :lol: :wink:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby the_apprentice » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:25 am

pssst!
the_apprentice

Postby Kelshandra » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:38 am

Right! That's my order sorted for this release :) I can go to bed now.

For those who haven't seen the email yet, new lbe is up with sheets and single stamps of the new definatives to come soon.
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:40 am

Kelshandra wrote:Right! That's my order sorted for this release :) I can go to bed now.

For those who haven't seen the email yet, new lbe is up with sheets and single stamps of the new definatives to come soon.
Well spotted that woman! :thumbl: Am off to have a look right now
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Next

Return to The Stamps