Discworld

Looking back...

General Stamp discussion.

Re: Looking back...

Postby Pip » Sun Feb 07, 2016 09:59 pm

I have to say the Hogswatch dragons were a highlight but as with many here it was great to see Sir Samuel appearing.
A great disappointment was the Blue Triangle having lost its sharpness/clarity and looking rather plane and dull with an uninventive sport.
I really do like the mini sheet series and look forward to each next issue of them. It would be nice to see a series of the mini sheets for the sights of Ankh Morpork!
Pip

Postby steeljam » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:15 am

Frank the Younger wrote:Actually the desk and its contents have changed multiple times and only the tower and me have been there all the time.
Unless you went to the loo, or Wincanton :D
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby the_apprentice » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:26 pm

Right ye buggers... interesting stuff. Thank you all for taking the time. I'll be pulling a name out of a hat on Friday for some spot prize LBEs. :)
the_apprentice

Postby annebn » Wed Feb 10, 2016 04:08 pm

I really like the wonder of the world series. And if I should pick a favorite of those, the Great Wall one.
They are interesting, with fun variations. And like someone else said, have a look of something the AMPO would make.

I like the Sam Vimes stamp a lot too- but I wonder, how likely is a post office to issue a stamp with the head of the police on?

I do find that some of the stamps, like the new Unseen University ones, are a little bit too "cartoony" to really fit with the way I think stamps on the Discworld would look, in terms of colour use and drawing style. But that's of course entirely a matter of taste. And in themselves I think they are nice and fun.
-I have a somewhat similar feeling about the Hogswatch dragons. But as they are Hogswatch stamps, it botheres me much less. After all, roundworld post offices often have Christmas stamps that are somewhat different in style from their normal range. And the dragons ARE very cute.
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
annebn

Postby the_apprentice » Fri Feb 12, 2016 04:25 pm

Thanks all, really good to get some feedback. A good spread of interest, lots of love for a few issues. It really is useful to know this stuff and helps us provide you with issues you'll enjoy!

Congratulations to Philo Kvetch who was picked out of a hat (actually it was out of a shoe box)... I'll message you direct to let you know how to claim yer ill-gotten gains!
the_apprentice

Previous

Return to The Stamps