Discworld

If you are curious about the past... 2009 Stamp Yearbook

General Stamp discussion.

If you are curious about the past... 2009 Stamp Yearbook

Postby Kelshandra » Fri May 06, 2016 09:19 am

I sat down after work to just have a quick putter around with my 2005 [edited: 2009} Stamp Yearbook (Pensive hare). A few hours later my tummy is rumbling but I think I have the main parts done with just a bit of formatting to tighten up. If you are curious and want a flashback, have a look and let me know if I have any errors.

The goal is to finish with the formatting so I can print and bind it with last years album (still sitting to be folded/proofed- sigh). Some stamps have articles I have researched and written for my own amusement and usually as the whim takes me. If you would like to contribute, you are more than welcome. Search for Yearbook to find my past efforts (currently Years 1-4, 8-11 with the gap due to me stopping collecting for a while- I plan to fill in the hole eventually but it will be a while!)
Word document here

Edited to correct the year in both the heading (was 2105) and text (2005) when I meant 2009- I mixed the year up with the Discworld year I think. Brain not working goodly today/yesterday. Think things not happening.
Last edited by Kelshandra on Sun May 08, 2016 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Urgh... typos plus brain freeze isn't a good combo
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Re: If you are curious about the past... 2105 Stamp Yearbook

Postby Squigglyx » Fri May 06, 2016 11:25 pm

Spotted one without opening the link............../\

I'm sure Ian, Reb and especially Bernard will want to know what they are doing in 90 years time :)
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Squigglyx

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Sat May 07, 2016 08:05 pm

Kelshandra wrote:I sat down after work to just have a quick putter around with my 2005 Stamp Yearbook (Pensive hare)

Oook!

I see the Hare came earlier to some than to others (or else 2005 lingered?) :lol:
What ape? Oook! :book:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Librarians Apprentice

Postby Kelshandra » Sun May 08, 2016 12:14 am

Urgh, I was tired and in need of food?

OK... I have had sleep, coffee and am baking blueberry muffins. It is the 2009 yearbook (no idea why 2005 or indeed, 2105 came from). *sigh*

Thanks to a pm, I've already fixed a few errors and discovered where the Explorers were fully discussed (I had only used Lspace as a guide) so those are today's job (because I am putting off marking) and will be updated soon.
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Re: If you are curious about the past... 2009 Stamp Yearbook

Postby Kelshandra » Sun May 15, 2016 10:30 am

And... I think that's it folks. I have not had time to print it out but next weekend if you hear cursing coming from the south then you can assume I have printed and started binding both the 2015 and 2009 editions (it's easier to do a few at once with the different elements and steps that need to be done). All writing and formatting is done* and I'm ready to put it and myself into bed.

*well except for any bits that I mucked up and have not discovered yet
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Return to The Stamps