Discworld

New GCTS items???

General Stamp discussion.

New GCTS items???

Postby Kelshandra » Tue Jun 28, 2016 01:23 am

I am slightly bemused as of my last tot up of the spares that I have enough GCTS now for a golden stamp :shock: :shock: :shock: (no one tell me what that means in terms of cost!). So of course, I have that on the way now. Well actually, the envelop of my stamps is slowly travelling by a limping 80 year old man on a decrepit donkey to the nearest steam ship to be sent over to the UK, or at least that's my assumption of how Australia Post works these days based on my experiences... but I digress.

But part of the reason I have so many stamps is that there has not been a new GCTS redeemable item for a while. A series of something would be awfully nice... Or just a one off stamp or smaller item like a stamp or a postcard or a stamp or a presentation pack thingy or a stamp... I could break out the puppy dog eyes if it would help?

And for the love of Om, nobody suggest a platinum cabbage stamp redeemable for umpity million GCTS!
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Re: New GCTS items???

Postby the_apprentice » Tue Jun 28, 2016 09:26 am

Ello lovely,
Just to keep you all abreast with this, I know it's been a long time since we've had anything new available on GCTS. You've all been very p-word. We're sorry to have kept you hanging. The truth is that we've undergone a lot of changes in the last year. We've completed all our contracted work, we've undergone a license change, we've become a ltd company and we've experienced a huge amount of growth on the site. All of this is great. It does mean however, that we've had to work hard to keep things as stable as possible for all of our customers. The new license needed hammering out and new working processes put in place. All of this took time and was worth doing well to secure the future for all of our endeavours. The gang at Narrativia have been incredibly supportive and helpful as always, in return we've tried not to swamp them with work and so focused on bolstering the paying product first. That may sound mercenary, but we do have to pay the bills. The wait may be frustrating for collectors, but taking the time to do things right is a small but active part in protecting Terry's legacy. I think it's fair to say that it won't be long now until we're ready to release a new GCTS item.
This may be a bit long-winded, but I like to be transparent with you lot. Without the support of the Flatalists, these changes would have been a lot more difficult. Although we can never take it for granted, it's a great comfort to know that so long as we produce quality stamps, there are daft folk out there who are probably willing to part with their hard-earned money. The growth in collector-ship across the board also means that we're able to develop some of the most exciting products in a long time, both stampy and 3D. Can't wait for you to see 'em.
Thanks as ever for the patience and support. You lot are First Class (see what I did there?)
the_apprentice

Postby Kelshandra » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:17 am

It's all right. I will be a while until I've got GCTS again so I know I'm not in a hurry. And it makes sense that the things we throw money at you for are going to be the priority. My knowledge of legal stuff is limited to the semester of legal studies in year 10 that regularly put me to sleep (thus confirming that I was never going to be a lawyer!) but I know enough to have a sense of doom when people with long documents needing to be signed in multiple places get involved!
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Murgatroyd » Tue Jun 28, 2016 08:48 pm

Thanks Ian, and Reb and Bernard And Isobel... Can't wait to see the new item! I understand that things are a lot more complicated now, and it's no longer just the matter of getting the approval of Terry, (May he rest in peace). Thanks for putting something new together for us!
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby the_apprentice » Wed Jun 29, 2016 08:18 am

Murgatroyd wrote:Thanks Ian, and Reb and Bernard And Isobel... Can't wait to see the new item! I understand that things are a lot more complicated now, and it's no longer just the matter of getting the approval of Terry, (May he rest in peace). Thanks for putting something new together for us!

It's not so much that it's more complicated. We're still working with the same lovely folk, mostly, it's just finding the correct way to work so as to (try) not to overload them :)
the_apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Jun 29, 2016 09:36 am

Am delighted to hear that there's a new GCTS issue in the pipeline, as I've been sitting on a pile of stamps to trade for months because I couldn't make up my mind what to swap them for - so looking forward to the new issue :D
I'm also very appreciative of all the hard work and negotiations that have to take place behind the scenes, especially over the last year. Glad to hear that it's all sorted out and we've got lots of gorgeous things to look forward to :thumbl:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Muba » Wed Jun 29, 2016 06:56 pm

Kelshandra wrote:I have that on the way now. Well actually, the envelop of my stamps is slowly travelling by a limping 80 year old man on a decrepit donkey to the nearest steam ship to be sent over to the UK, or at least that's my assumption of how Australia Post works these days based on my experiences... but I digress.[/size]

I too digress. I bought off eBay from Australia. They arrived four days later. Nowt wrong with Aus Post - at least outwards
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Kelshandra » Wed Jun 29, 2016 08:35 pm

Muba wrote:
Kelshandra wrote:I have that on the way now. Well actually, the envelop of my stamps is slowly travelling by a limping 80 year old man on a decrepit donkey to the nearest steam ship to be sent over to the UK, or at least that's my assumption of how Australia Post works these days based on my experiences... but I digress.[/size]

I too digress. I bought off eBay from Australia. They arrived four days later. Nowt wrong with Aus Post - at least outwards

It depends a lot if you are in a city or not. I'm in essentially a very small city/ large country town and that added 2-3 days to my mail when I moved here from Melbourne. And at the start of this year they reduced their services (while also increasing local prices from 70c to $1) which has added another few days. Now if I want to post a birthday card to my niece or nephews I have to send it one week early (to travel a distance of a bit under 200km). And stamps now take a week more than they used to this year which is a little irritating since it's already sad to be be unable to share the excitement at the same time with you lovely folks. /pity party!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Squigglyx » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:12 pm

Kelshandra wrote:
Muba wrote:

It depends a lot if you are in a city or not. I'm in essentially a very small city/ large country town and that added 2-3 days to my mail when I moved here from Melbourne. And at the start of this year they reduced their services (while also increasing local prices from 70c to $1) which has added another few days. Now if I want to post a birthday card to my niece or nephews I have to send it one week early (to travel a distance of a bit under 200km). And stamps now take a week more than they used to this year which is a little irritating since it's already sad to be be unable to share the excitement at the same time with you lovely folks. /pity party!

the answer is obvious Kel .......

Move over here :)
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Squigglyx

Postby Murgatroyd » Sat Jul 02, 2016 09:19 am

I had a similar problem when I lived in Thailand. The mail took about three weeks to reach me, (When it didn't get "Lost in the post"). All too often when a limited edition stamp came out, with sheets only available until the end of the month I would have to order a considerable number of LBE's in the hope that I'd get the sport, as I'd only get one chance to get one before the stamps were withdrawn. Several times I didn't get the sport in my LBE's and had to resort to the bay of e to pick one up. I know what you're going through Kel, and I deeply sympathise!
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Return to The Stamps