Discworld

HaPpy birthday to...

General Stamp discussion.

HaPpy birthday to...

Postby the_apprentice » Fri Jul 08, 2016 03:42 pm

DISCWORLD STAMPS!!!!

The 9th of July sees the 12th anniversary of the day that the very first Discworld Stamps were perforated by the Man in the Hat, himself. We're celebrating in style, with the release of the traditional (happened more than once) minisheet http://www.discworldemporium.com/12th-birthday-discworld-stamps

We'd like to thank each and every one of you for supporting this weird and wonderful phenomenon. It's been a huge part of our lives and something we still love dearly. It wouldn't be possible without you lovely lot. I know we've said it before, but we genuinely couldn't do it without the support of our collectors and forum members. We sincerely hope they continue give joy to those in the flatalist family for many years to come.
the_apprentice

Re: HaPpy birthday to...

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Jul 08, 2016 03:53 pm

:sunny: :sunny: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DISCWORLD STAMPS!!! :sunny: :sunny:

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby the_apprentice » Fri Jul 08, 2016 03:57 pm

...sorry it's a day early... Reb and I are orf celebrating a friends wedding tomorrow and I get 'that look' if I am internetting during a ceremony.
the_apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Jul 08, 2016 04:26 pm

the_apprentice wrote:...sorry it's a day early... Reb and I are orf celebrating a friends wedding tomorrow and I get 'that look' if I am internetting during a ceremony.
:lol: The Look on it's own isn't too bad . . . it's when you also get the foldin' of the arms, the tappin' of the feets and the pursin' of the lips that you really need to start worrying :wink:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby steeljam » Fri Jul 08, 2016 06:13 pm

the_apprentice wrote:DISCWORLD STAMPS!!!!
The 9th of July sees the 12th anniversary of the day that the very first Discworld Stamps were perforated by the Man in the Hat, himself. We're celebrating in style, with the release of the traditional (happened more than once) minisheet http://www.discworldemporium.com/12th-birthday-discworld-stamps
We'd like to thank each and every one of you for supporting this weird and wonderful phenomenon. It's been a huge part of our lives and something we still love dearly. It wouldn't be possible without you lovely lot. I know we've said it before, but we genuinely couldn't do it without the support of our collectors and forum members. We sincerely hope they continue give joy to those in the flatalist family for many years to come.

Aw Ian, You were just a mere nipper, playing with blunt crayons and making hand prints when the first stamps were created.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Jul 08, 2016 07:43 pm

steeljam wrote:
the_apprentice wrote:DISCWORLD STAMPS!!!!

Aw Ian, You were just a mere nipper, playing with blunt crayons and making hand prints when the first stamps were created.
Who's to say that he's not still doing that now . . . :wink: :lol:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Darren » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:03 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
the_apprentice wrote:...sorry it's a day early... Reb and I are orf celebrating a friends wedding tomorrow and I get 'that look' if I am internetting during a ceremony.
:lol: The Look on it's own isn't too bad . . . it's when you also get the foldin' of the arms, the tappin' of the feets and the pursin' of the lips that you really need to start worrying :wink:

I think she may be saving that for the case of the ceremony in question being theirs...
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Return to The Stamps