Discworld

not got stamps

General Stamp discussion.

not got stamps

Postby andy20066 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 01:09 pm

i had paid for 12 months of stamps and I am yet to receive the last 2 months worth of stamps. does anyone know why and has anyone else had the same problem
andy20066

Re: not got stamps

Postby Murgatroyd » Mon Sep 19, 2016 03:17 pm

Hello Andy,
When you say that you paid for 12 months of stamps, what exactly do you mean?
I have to assume that you're talking about an LBE season ticket? The £50 one that gets you one of each of the next 11 LBE's issued?
Of course it would depend on exactly when you bought it, but there have been nine LBE's issued so far this year, perhaps leaving two more to come on your subscription?
When you buy an LBE season ticket, you're not buying postage too... The good people at the shop send them out with customer orders, and not by themselves unless you've come to some sort of special arrangement. When you have a few LBE's put by for you, you can then get them posted to you by paying the postage for them.
If you're in any doubt, contact the shop and Ian or Reb will be happy to check for you, and will explain exactly where your subscription has got to.
Hope this helps!
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby andy20066 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 04:05 pm

paid for my 12 months of LBE'S in july and have not got aug or Septembers stamps
andy20066

Postby mavzb » Mon Sep 19, 2016 04:51 pm

From the LBE Season Ticket page:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A RESERVATION SERVICE ONLY - Although your LBEs will be banked for you, we are unable to dispatch them automatically, which is why we don't charge postage for the inital purchase of a ticket.

DISPATCH REQUEST FEE: To release any reserved Season Ticket LBEs please purchase a Dispatch Request by selecting from the postage options in the drop-down menu above, or simply include a request note with any subsequent orders for no extra charge. This is a per-shipment fee and will need to be done every time you wish to obtain a reserved edition, otherwise we will send all accumulated LBEs in one go when your season ticket expires.

So your options are:
  1. Order something else from the shop, including a request for your season ticket LBEs to also be sent
  2. Visit the shop in person, and ask for your season ticket LBEs
  3. Purchase a 'Dispatch Request' (essentially, pay the P & P) from the LBE Season Ticket page
  4. Do nothing. Your LBEs will be sent to you once your season ticket expires.
Ninja Hamster
mavzb

Postby the_apprentice » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:58 am

Hi Andy,
Ian from the shop here... only just noticed this query, sorry. As the others have outlined, your LBEs are reserved for you. Whenever you place an order you can request that they're sent to you (in the comment section). If you're not planning to order anything but would still like to get your LBE, simply purchase a £1 'dispatch request' from the season ticket page. This goes some way towards covering the cost of the additional boardback envelope and postage.
If you still have any issues do feel free to drop me a line (ian@discworldemporium.com or 01963 824686).

All the best
the_apprentice

Return to The Stamps