Discworld

Stamp of the Year...

General Stamp discussion.

Re: Stamp of the Year...

Postby Muba » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:50 pm

the_apprentice wrote:so here's the deal; we're going to continue making it up as we go along and pretending that we have some grand master plan. If you'd all continue to play along, it would be most appreciated.

So business as usual then.
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Thu Dec 15, 2016 07:38 am

the_apprentice wrote:In a small break from tradition I'm also including the 50p Cabbage Field in the first issue of the year because frankly, there are a lot of new stamps already in the bag that I'd like to share with you, and I am impatient.

Oook!

How nerdy am I, that my reaction to the first part of this announcement was "well, it's about time all the Definitives come out together!"

My reaction to the second part was a squeal of glee - lots of new goodies this year :bounce: :thumbl: :D
What ape? Oook! :book:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Librarians Apprentice

Postby annebn » Fri Dec 16, 2016 04:28 pm

My favorite of the year I think was the One Farthing Trilithon. I really like the "woodcut-like" look of the Llamedos stamps.
Another favorite was the watch-house lilac, which I found was a nice note to what is probably my favorite of all the books.

But there were, as others have also said, many really good stamps this year. The only one I'm not very fond of is the Musicians’ Guild One Penny, which I find is a little bit dull. I thinks it's because of the somewhat gloomy in it's colour scheme.
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
annebn

Previous

Return to The Stamps