Discworld

Important announcement

General Stamp discussion.

Important announcement

Postby steeljam » Sat Apr 01, 2017 09:36 am

Regrettably, the Emporium have announced that due to the fall in the pound and increased costs of materials, paper and ink, from abroad they are having to Toblerone their stamps. The new issue of definitives will now contain fewer perforations.
The Emporium hopes that this will not detract from the pleasure of collecting the stamps, and can confirm there will be no decrease in a number of calories contained in each stamp.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Re: Important announcement

Postby Murgatroyd » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:53 am

And with gummed paper getting harder and harder to obtain, can we assume that they will also be moving to sticky paper stamps and sheets with a peel off back? :D
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby phalarope » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:40 pm

Murgatroyd wrote:And with gummed paper getting harder and harder to obtain, can we assume that they will also be moving to sticky paper stamps and sheets with a peel off back? :D

Ack, noooooooo!!! Self-adhesive stamps are An Abomination Unto Nuggan!Image
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby Muba » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:15 pm

I am not convinced that this thread is holey serous
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Kelshandra » Sun Aug 27, 2017 08:08 pm

Ah, so they are holding off on the stamps at home method. You know, where you send them money and they send you an email with the digital images of the stamps that you can print at home?
The Geeky Goblin My irregular crafting inspirations
Currently working on the 2009 and 2016 Yearbooks- 2015 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Muba » Sun Aug 27, 2017 09:08 pm

Kelshandra wrote:Ah, so they are holding off on the stamps at home method. You know, where you send them money and they send you an email with the digital images of the stamps that you can print at home?

isn't that we are supposed to be doing?
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Mon Aug 28, 2017 05:47 am

Kelshandra wrote:Ah, so they are holding off on the stamps at home method. You know, where you send them money and they send you an email with the digital images of the stamps that you can print at home?

Oook!

Funny thing, that - I'm (very slowly) scanning my way through all my spares, and my scanner developed this strange allergy to the Engraver's Guild sheet. All my other sheets went through just fine (before & after), it was just that one that wouldn't scan, no matter how many times I tried shutting things off and turning them on. So finally Spikey set the machine to "Copy Machine" mode, and printed out an image of the sheet that we ran through the top feeder.

So now I have a perfect, life-size copy of the Engraver's Guild sheet in my home office. On the one hand, it makes me feel strangely guilty having it around; on the other, it feels like a waste of ink to throw it away.
What ape? Oook! :book:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Librarians Apprentice

Return to The Stamps