Discworld

First Order

General Stamp discussion.

First Order

Postby MrSavage » Sat Sep 09, 2017 09:17 pm

Just placed my first order of Discworld Stamps and I can't wait for them to arrive. As a huge fan of Pratchett I've no idea how I had never seen or heard of these before.

So excited to receive my first stamps, does anyone know what kind of stamps are typically in a Little Brown Envelope, as that was the main part of my order as well as several other designs that caught me eye.

Hope this is the correct place for this

~Thanks~
MrSavage

Re: First Order

Postby phalarope » Sun Sep 10, 2017 07:23 am

Hello MrSavage and welcome to the madhouse, err fancy. :D A typical LBE, for a given value of typical, consists of a random selection of current stamps, including definitives. Sports are possible though not guaranteed. You will eventually wind up with a tidy pile of duplicate commons. Trade those in for Green Cabbage Trading Stamps.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby MrSavage » Sun Sep 10, 2017 09:03 am

phalarope wrote:Hello MrSavage and welcome to the madhouse, err fancy. :D A typical LBE, for a given value of typical, consists of a random selection of current stamps, including definitives. Sports are possible though not guaranteed. You will eventually wind up with a tidy pile of duplicate commons. Trade those in for Green Cabbage Trading Stamps.

Thanks for the welcome, so is it all stamps that are available still for purchase in the shop (excluding their sport equivalents)

I'm really excited to get started, as a budding Graphic Designer I've designed a few stamps before so they really appeal to me as well as being a big Terry Pratchett fan.
MrSavage

Postby Kelshandra » Mon Sep 11, 2017 07:48 pm

MrSavage wrote:
phalarope wrote:Hello MrSavage and welcome to the madhouse, err fancy. :D A typical LBE, for a given value of typical, consists of a random selection of current stamps, including definitives. Sports are possible though not guaranteed. You will eventually wind up with a tidy pile of duplicate commons. Trade those in for Green Cabbage Trading Stamps.

Thanks for the welcome, so is it all stamps that are available still for purchase in the shop (excluding their sport equivalents)

I'm really excited to get started, as a budding Graphic Designer I've designed a few stamps before so they really appeal to me as well as being a big Terry Pratchett fan.

The answer to that is somewhere between yes and no. A few of the stamps are only available in LBE (most famously the limited blue triangles of which there are only 500 around ever of an issue). Most though are available singly and in sheets that have their own appeal for those with the credit cards that can feed that addiction! A good go to guide for stamp facts, past and present, is the Discworld stamp catalogue.
The Geeky Goblin My irregular crafting inspirations
Currently working on the 2009 and 2016 Yearbooks- 2015 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby MrSavage » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:22 pm

Kelshandra wrote:
MrSavage wrote:

The answer to that is somewhere between yes and no. A few of the stamps are only available in LBE (most famously the limited blue triangles of which there are only 500 around ever of an issue). Most though are available singly and in sheets that have their own appeal for those with the credit cards that can feed that addiction! A good go to guide for stamp facts, past and present, is the Discworld stamp catalogue.

Thanks very much for the help I appreciate it, I'm excited to get started!

Ah yes I have been reading through it for days anticipating my first order!
MrSavage

Return to The Stamps