Discworld

Hogswatch?

General Stamp discussion.

Hogswatch?

Postby Kelshandra » Tue Nov 28, 2017 07:21 am

We're getting close (I assume) the the Hogswatch stamp(s)/LBE. So now is the time for cam and consideration.... wait. Sorry. Had a moment there. Now is the time for wild speculation and rumors!!! Unless you have insider knowledge and want to give us a hint

So to kick things off I propose that this year is a homage to Hogswatch in places where the seasons are opposite to tradition- either XXXX or those weird places where there is too much magic...
The Geeky Goblin My irregular crafting inspirations
Currently working on the 2010 and 2018 Yearbooks- 2017 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Re: Hogswatch?

Postby Frank the Younger » Tue Nov 28, 2017 05:36 pm

We are not close but past the point they normally appear. :(
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
Frank the Younger

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Nov 28, 2017 09:17 pm

Good point!! :?

O Hogswatch LBE, Hogswatch LBE! Wherefore art thou Hogswatch LBE? :D :bounce: :D
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Squigglyx » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:08 pm

Frank the Younger wrote:We are not close but past the point they normally appear. :(

not necessarily, in 2015 the announcement was on 1st December, and 2014 it was 29th November. So there could still be something in the offing....

Just got to be p...... p... p.. (What's that word again?)
Squigglyx

Postby Kelshandra » Thu Nov 30, 2017 09:40 am

Parsnips! This year's Hogswatch theme is going to be parsnip based! You heard it here first!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby phazedout » Thu Nov 30, 2017 09:45 pm

So you'll b forced to Parr the stamps off the sheet and SNIP those that have not perforated properly?
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby steeljam » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 pm

Kelshandra wrote:Parsnips! This year's Hogswatch theme is going to be parsnip based! You heard it here first!
That's a turnip for the books
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Muba » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:53 pm

steeljam wrote:
Kelshandra wrote:Parsnips! This year's Hogswatch theme is going to be parsnip based! You heard it here first!
That's a turnip for the books

Any excuse to mangel the english language
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby steeljam » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:51 am

I have it on good authority that the stamps will soon be coming fourth.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Muba » Fri Dec 01, 2017 07:22 pm

steeljam wrote:I have it on good authority that the stamps will soon be coming fourth.

so not even a bronze medal this year :(
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Dec 01, 2017 08:07 pm

steeljam wrote:I have it on good authority that the stamps will soon be coming fourth.
I shall have my credit card at the ready first thing on Monday :D :wink: I know we'll have to exercise the P-word 'till then, but I am of the opinion that the P-word really is a B-word . . . :wink:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Kelshandra » Sat Dec 02, 2017 01:27 am

Eeep, leaves it a bit tight for last Hogswatch post for us for'n folk.
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby danjim » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:46 pm

Sadly, the bare truth is that, clearly, the stamps are no longer a priority at the Emporium. if I am the first to state this then I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice it. At the same time, I do realise, in this increasingly tough trading environment, that they have to do what is necessary to survive and if this means sidelining the stamps then so be it.

Daniel
danjim

Postby the_apprentice » Sun Dec 03, 2017 08:48 pm

danjim wrote:Sadly, the bare truth is that, clearly, the stamps are no longer a priority at the Emporium. if I am the first to state this then I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice it. At the same time, I do realise, in this increasingly tough trading environment, that they have to do what is necessary to survive and if this means sidelining the stamps then so be it.

Daniel

I can certainly understand why you might think this, and I don't want to turn around and dismiss your concerns out of hand, all I'd like to day is that we have been busier than any of us could have predicted. The release is about a week later than I would have liked but there are many reasons for this. One of them is that we've had a fairly major (60%) increase in visitors to our shop in the run up to Christmas due to the Hisworld exhibition in Salisbury. It's been wonderful to meet so many new folk and it's been a lot of fun, but it has put a lot of demand on our time. The Imaginarium was released during the two busiest retail weeks of the year, which took a good 5 days to process. We had a great time with the gathering of the loonies, which happened to coincide with 'black Friday' and 'Cyber Monday' (as cringeworthy as those terms may be, they do have an impact). Good Omens has begun production, which has bought a lot more attention to Terry's work and the site has been very busy too. Our profile has grown a lot this year, which is wonderful and we've done our best to keep up our standards across the board. Oh, and we did have a couple of production issues on the Thieves Guild LBE, which saw our perforating pixie busy for 2 extra weeks... so we're a bit behind. It's not for the want of trying, I promise. Reb, Sarah, Bernard, Isobel and I haven't many days off in the past 4 weeks, we've been doing our very best to keep on top of things.
This is by way of explaination rather than excuse, I figure it's best to let you know what's going on from our end rather than let you think we're taking our long-standing collectors for granted. Even if it may seem that way. The stamps are due for release tomorrow, Gods willing, and I really hope you like them!

Forget the Hogswatch stamps? Pigs might fly...
the_apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:06 pm

the_apprentice wrote: The stamps are due for release tomorrow, Gods willing, and I really hope you like them!

Forget the Hogswatch stamps? Pigs might fly...
:D :bounce: :D
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Next

Return to The Stamps