Discworld

A welcome return

General Stamp discussion.

A welcome return

Postby Almendrita » Fri Feb 16, 2018 06:09 pm

Hi,

I have been out of the stamps game for 10 years and I have seen what has been released and I want to kill myself for not keeping up with the releases. Long story shorty is I have commons from 2008 and before and I am looking for commons from 2009 onwards. How difficult would that be? Is it realistic to come back to the hobby and chase after those commons?

Thanks guys.
Almendrita

Discworld Stamps to trade - NO DIGRESSIONS

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Feb 16, 2018 08:33 pm

Almendrita wrote:Hi,

I have been out of the stamps game for 10 years and I have seen what has been released and I want to kill myself for not keeping up with the releases. Long story shorty is I have commons from 2008 and before and I am looking for commons from 2009 onwards. How difficult would that be? Is it realistic to come back to the hobby and chase after those commons?

Thanks guys.
welcome back!!! :thumbl: :thumbr: Yes, it's very possible to catch up on the commons - search eBay for Discworld stamps and you can often pick them up in bundles. I'd recommend catching up on the commons before you start collecting the sports as they tend to go for more - but if your budget will allow look out for the sports too.

If you're not familiar with Steve's brilliant stamp catalogue already, click here
http://www.discworldstampcatalogue.co.uk/index.php
It's invaluable for keeping track of what stamp goes where in the collection & for oggling the ones you're still missing!
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Re: Discworld Stamps to trade - NO DIGRESSIONS

Postby Frank the Younger » Fri Feb 16, 2018 09:07 pm

Almendrita wrote:Hi,

Thanks guys.

Just go back over this topic. I'm not the only one who lists commons as well as sports.

In fact I think I have all the commons you are missing and a large number of the sports as well.
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
Frank the Younger

Re: Discworld Stamps to trade - NO DIGRESSIONS

Postby Almendrita » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:35 pm

Thanks for the info guys, that discworld stamps catalogue site is a godsend, back in my day it was much harder to keep track of everything that was released.

PS: I have even tried to get my old forum account back but too much time has passed I guess
Almendrita

Re: A welcome return

Postby phalarope » Sun Feb 18, 2018 02:35 pm

PM me your address and I'll send you a packet.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Re: A welcome return

Postby Almendrita » Sun Feb 18, 2018 02:48 pm

Pharalope, thank you very much for your very kind offer, but I have managed to get a hold of what I was missing (turns out it wasn't that complicated) and I do not want to take advantage of your nice gesture. I used to be pretty hardcore into this and I am very glad to be back.
Almendrita

Return to The Stamps