A new Tsort of stamp

General Stamp discussion.

A new Tsort of stamp

Postby phalarope » Fri Feb 23, 2018 02:06 pm

Lookee lookee!!

Image Image Image
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Re: A new Tsort of stamp

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Feb 23, 2018 02:54 pm

Ooooh goody, new stamps!!!! Am off to put an order in now :D
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby steeljam » Fri Feb 23, 2018 06:02 pm

I think it would have been more appropriate for the Pyramid stamp to be Three Drachmas
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Muba » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:08 am

I am waiting for mine to arrive. Are they really 3D or is it all just an illusion? :wink:
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby phalarope » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:00 pm

The paper swells when you moisten the gum.

Not so you'd notice though. :P
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:14 pm

steeljam wrote:I think it would have been more appropriate for the Pyramid stamp to be Three Drachmas
:lol: Good point, there Mr James! The Emporium elves missed the obvious pune there, methinks
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby steeljam » Tue Feb 27, 2018 01:21 pm

Well, my order arrived and I have taken steps to tsort through them.
I am worried that those clever people at the Emporium are starting one of those pyramid schemes. Be careful not to send them money.
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Feb 27, 2018 02:19 pm

steeljam wrote:Well, my order arrived and I have taken steps to tsort through them.
I am worried that those clever people at the Emporium are starting one of those pyramid schemes. Be careful not to send them money.
:lol:

Indeed so, for Mr Pearson is most skilled in separating us from our cash! :wink:
I have noticed some colour variants - both in the LBE stickers and the Pyramid stamp. For the LBE stickers, there are some that are distinctly blue of hue, but others that have a much greener tinge. For the Pyramid stamp - I have three that are an olive brown and one that is brown brown. It's a cunning plan, I tell you.
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby annebn » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:45 am

I'm sure I'm not the first to notice it, but I can't find it anywhere: The selvedge on the 1 D stamps is labelled The year of the backwards facing Artichoke, although the stamp was released in TYOT justifiably defensive Lobster. (As it also says on the half d stamps, at least the ones I have).
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
annebn

Postby Frank the Younger » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:32 pm

annebn wrote:I'm sure I'm not the first to notice it, but I can't find it anywhere: The selvedge on the 1 D stamps is labelled The year of the backwards facing Artichoke, although the stamp was released in TYOT justifiably defensive Lobster. (As it also says on the half d stamps, at least the ones I have).

My sheet is the same.
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
Frank the Younger

Postby steeljam » Mon Mar 05, 2018 02:43 pm

annebn wrote:I'm sure I'm not the first to notice it, but I can't find it anywhere: The selvedge on the 1 D stamps is labelled The year of the backwards facing Artichoke, although the stamp was released in TYOT justifiably defensive Lobster. (As it also says on the half d stamps, at least the ones I have).

There are a few sheets like this. Basically, the sheet was printed in one year and issued in the following year.
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Muba » Mon Mar 05, 2018 03:59 pm

Has everybody forgotten The Apprentice's post last December? Read the fourth paragraph.
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Mar 05, 2018 05:45 pm

Hi Anne- Ian from The Emporium posted on the Forum late last year that they'd been so busy last year that they hadn't been able to release all the stamps & sheets that they'd had made, and did we mind if they released them early this year instead. If I recall, the general response was "gimme, gimme, gimme!" :D
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Muba » Mon Mar 05, 2018 06:08 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:

Hi Anne- Ian from The Emporium posted on the Forum late last year that they'd been so busy last year that they hadn't been able to release all the stamps & sheets that they'd had made, and did we mind if they released them early this year instead. If I recall, the general response was "gimme, gimme, gimme!" :D

What I said!
Muba

Postby annebn » Fri Mar 09, 2018 03:10 pm

Muba wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:

What I said!

I'm not complaining at all. I was just wondering why it hadn't been commented on. The fact that Ian warned about it explains that very well. (And I'll be hanging on to stamps with selvage text just in case there is an updated reprint later).
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
annebn

Return to The Stamps