Discworld

Keep yer peepers peeled

General Stamp discussion.

Keep yer peepers peeled

Postby the_apprentice » Tue Jun 26, 2018 01:54 pm

Wotcher stamp fans! We've been working our perforating pixies to the bone readying for this months release.

I just wanted to let you know before hand, this release will include a limited item. We're not expecting it to sell out tooooo fast, but I thought I'd give you forum-dwellers a heads-up. We hope to release by the end of this week (dependant on other duties).

I MAY have been plied with drink and shown one or two visitors to the shop what's in store, if I have, I want you to be silent as ze grave.
the_apprentice
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 02:28 pm

Re: Keep yer peepers peeled

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Jun 26, 2018 03:31 pm

the_apprentice wrote:Wotcher stamp fans! We've been working our perforating pixies to the bone readying for this months release.

I just wanted to let you know before hand, this release will include a limited item. We're not expecting it to sell out tooooo fast, but I thought I'd give you forum-dwellers a heads-up. We hope to release by the end of this week (dependant on other duties).

I MAY have been plied with drink and shown one or two visitors to the shop what's in store, if I have, I want you to be silent as ze grave.
:D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D
Put the beer down man and get a move on! Some of us are stuck in the house with not much to do except scream a bit every time we're daft enough to make any sudden movements
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 4324
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: Keep yer peepers peeled

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Jun 27, 2018 01:51 pm

Incidentally, is the 'keeping your peepers peeled' a clue that we're in for a Watch related LBE or is the 'silent as ze grave' the clue ?
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 4324
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: Keep yer peepers peeled

Postby the_apprentice » Thu Jun 28, 2018 01:03 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:Incidentally, is the 'keeping your peepers peeled' a clue that we're in for a Watch related LBE or is the 'silent as ze grave' the clue ?


You be the judge... https://www.discworldemporium.com/discworld-stamps/473-uberwald-60-bizot-coffin-limited-edition
the_apprentice
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 02:28 pm

Re: Keep yer peepers peeled

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Jun 28, 2018 01:51 pm

the_apprentice wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:Incidentally, is the 'keeping your peepers peeled' a clue that we're in for a Watch related LBE or is the 'silent as ze grave' the clue ?


You be the judge... https://www.discworldemporium.com/discworld-stamps/473-uberwald-60-bizot-coffin-limited-edition

Hah! A coffin shaped Vampire sheet!! That's genius, I love it!! :D :D :D

Image
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 4324
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: Keep yer peepers peeled

Postby the_apprentice » Thu Jun 28, 2018 01:58 pm

Glad you like 'em :D We were really pleased with how these came out.

The perforating was VERY tricky... thankfully we have a Steve for that. Our Perforating Pixie was last seen wandering off into the undergrowth muttering about how the holes were out to get him, we hope to revive or replace him before our next issue.
the_apprentice
 
Posts: 590
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 02:28 pm

Re: Keep yer peepers peeled

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Jun 28, 2018 02:08 pm

the_apprentice wrote:Glad you like 'em :D We were really pleased with how these came out.

The perforating was VERY tricky... thankfully we have a Steve for that. Our Perforating Pixie was last seen wandering off into the undergrowth muttering about how the holes were out to get him, we hope to revive or replace him before our next issue.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In the spirit of alliteration, I recommend a large pitcher of Pimms for the poor Perforating Pixie! By the time he gets to the bottom, he won't remember what a perforation is or care about how he ended up in the bush .... **hic** ... :wink:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker
 
Posts: 4324
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:00 am
Location: London

Re: Keep yer peepers peeled

Postby Squigglyx » Thu Jun 28, 2018 08:14 pm

Looking deathly and ordered.

** Goes to sit behind front door and wait for the postman **
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
Squigglyx
 
Posts: 7019
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:17 pm
Location: Near to t'hill in Lancashire

Re: Keep yer peepers peeled

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:49 pm

Oook!

It's at times like this that I really miss the counter - it helps me feel like I know where I came in a race*.

depending on the number before/after my purchase, I can either congratulate myself for my speedy, decisive purchase; or feel silly for hyperventilating while going through the ordering process

* Albeit a laid-back, almost genteel race which doesn't actually involve any running - but I get a really cool prize** out of it
** OK, so it's not a prize since we get what we pay for - but customer number 201 isn't getting any, so it's still a prize in a race! So there! :mrgreen:
What ape? Oook! :book:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
User avatar
Librarians Apprentice
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 06:41 am
Location: Israel

Re: Keep yer peepers peeled

Postby Miss Tick » Fri Jul 27, 2018 03:15 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:Incidentally, is the 'keeping your peepers peeled' a clue that we're in for a Watch related LBE or is the 'silent as ze grave' the clue ?



With the passage of time it turns out it was both.
Love the new watch stamp however it is apparently both new and on the endangered list at the same time mind you in this heat it might be me !
"give me a task or I shall run mad"
User avatar
Miss Tick
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Cambridge


Return to The Stamps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests