Discworld

A Little Mystery

General Stamp discussion.

A Little Mystery

Postby the_apprentice » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Hey ho all,
Wondering if anyone can shed a little light on some strange post we've been receiving...?
Over the last three weeks we've had 3 or 4 parcels containing old stamp items sent to the Emporium. Each has a different incomplete return address, and name. None of which I recognise. The handwriting seems different on a couple... There's no cover letter to explain why we're being sent these old collectors items. The postmark is legible on 2, and both come from the same town in the south of England. If anyone has any clues, it would save my aching brain cells!

It's a mystery! We don't want to send them to the A-M.P.O dead letter office! Any ideas?
the_apprentice

Re: A Little Mystery

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Nov 05, 2018 03:58 pm

I have no idea who might be responsible, but if no-one comes forward to claim them maybe the 'donations' could be parcelled up and auctioned off at DW gatherings for charity? :D
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby the_apprentice » Wed Nov 07, 2018 04:04 pm

Mystery solved!
Thanks to those who PM-ed me... We now know what's going on. Well... as much as we usually do.
the_apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Nov 07, 2018 04:12 pm

the_apprentice wrote:Mystery solved!
Thanks to those who PM-ed me... We now know what's going on. Well... as much as we usually do.
You can't leave it there, without telling us what's going on too! :bounce:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Return to The Stamps