Discworld

Can you order LBEs to just be sent as they are released?

General Stamp discussion.

Can you order LBEs to just be sent as they are released?

Postby Martin » Fri Dec 07, 2018 08:53 am

...without having to log in each time & pay the release fee?

I'd happily just pay £36 or £61 just to have cool stuff appear on my doormat unbidden...
Martin

Re: Can you order LBEs to just be sent as they are released?

Postby Darren » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:18 am

Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby steeljam » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:57 am

Darren wrote:You can - an LBE season ticket...

https://www.discworldemporium.com/littl ... son-ticket

You still have to pay the release fee for each issue.

Martin seems to be asking if he could pay the release fee up front, once (£30 for 6 LBS plus £6 release fee)
You would have to talk to Reb about organising this service.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:30 pm

steeljam wrote:
Darren wrote:You can - an LBE season ticket...

https://www.discworldemporium.com/littl ... son-ticket

You still have to pay the release fee for each issue.

Martin seems to be asking if he could pay the release fee up front, once (£30 for 6 LBS plus £6 release fee)
I think being able to pay the release fee in advance is a really good idea - as it's so easy to forget to do for each individual LBE
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:37 pm

Oook!

As I understand it, a Season Ticket means you reserve one* LBE of each release as it comes out. It's the shipping that you have to pay for separately, each time you want them sent to you.

As someone who lives in for'n parts**, I wait till either I have a few editions saved up, or they come out with some sort of cool limited-edition stamp*** - and make sure to ask for my Season Ticket LBEs to be added to the order during the checkout process. As long as I don't ask for them, my accumulated LBEs continue to accumulate (as long as my Season Ticket lasts).

I vaguely remember my Season Ticket finished once without my ordering anything, and I got all my accumulated LBEs with a note telling me it expired - but I'm not sure if that's part of the regular service or not.

* One LBE per Season Ticket; e.g. if you have 2 Season Tickets, you get 2 from each release
** And therefor paying a steeper shipping fee (a perfectly reasonable fee, but higher than folks in the same country)
*** As opposed to the cool long-term-availability stamps
What ape? Oook! :book:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Librarians Apprentice

Postby Martin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 05:31 pm

steeljam wrote:Martin seems to be asking if he could pay the release fee up front, once (£30 for 6 LBS plus £6 release fee)

Exactly correct.

I'm not a hardcore Flatalist, and don't order enough to get any LBEs delivered with other stuff, nor, realistically, is it on my mind often enough for me to check if there is something I need to go play the release fee for.

But £6 per LBE that magically appears on your doormat instead of £5 per LBE that you have to faff about to get seems eminently reasonable...
Martin

Postby Martin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:10 pm

I've emailed the shop to ask. I'll report back with my findings.
Martin

Postby Martin » Tue Dec 11, 2018 06:58 pm

Much to my surprise the answer is no.

Seems strange when they already offer exactly the same service if we manually log in & pay the release fee... this just seems an easy way to capture our money in advance...
Martin

Postby mavzb » Wed Dec 12, 2018 09:49 am

Martin wrote:Much to my surprise the answer is no.

Seems strange when they already offer exactly the same service if we manually log in & pay the release fee... this just seems an easy way to capture our money in advance...

No surprise at all. When you manually log in a pay the release fee (or ask for your LBEs to be included in another order), you are reminding the shop that you have some saved LBEs to be sent. Your proposed 'solution' requires the shop to do that remembering for you - when they already have more than enough to keep track of, particularly given the small size of the team, and Ian.
Ninja Hamster
mavzb

Postby Martin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:15 am

mavzb wrote:No surprise at all. When you manually log in a pay the release fee (or ask for your LBEs to be included in another order), you are reminding the shop that you have some saved LBEs to be sent. Your proposed 'solution' requires the shop to do that remembering for you - when they already have more than enough to keep track of, particularly given the small size of the team, and Ian.

Yeah that's fair. I'd still gladly pay an appropriate premium for such a service. I suspect the Stamp business isn't as large as it once was for them so I can see it just being a hassle, but with subscription services very much being a thing right now, I could see it being popular/worthwhile.

Might give an LBE sub with a reminder to check set up locally & see how I go.
Martin

Return to The Stamps