Discworld

Kel's Stamp Yearbook 2018 (now 2019 too)

General Stamp discussion.

Kel's Stamp Yearbook 2018 (now 2019 too)

Postby Kelshandra » Sun Nov 24, 2019 07:12 pm

I have finished the exam marking of doom and now I have a little more time to play with stamps. So... Yearbook time! As I typically do, I make books that are designed to hold my stamps and give the stamp details as well as whatever history or Discworld links I feel the urge to do minimal research on.

The link (word doc) is hereif you would like to have a look and if you would like to make yourself a copy feel free. There are instructions on my old blog or it is set up to be a 4 page signature book (lots of youtube tutorials out there). You can also post here if you want help, want to tell me there is an error or ten or if you have any notable events from 2017 that I should put in the book (or 2018- I'm just getting it started now although it isn't done yet for obvious reasons!)
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Re: Kel's Stamp Yearbook 2018

Postby Kelshandra » Thu Apr 02, 2020 05:01 am

Stay at home order for me plus school holidays means I spent today getting 2019 in order. Here's the link to my word document for those looking for some reading. Please let me know if you see any errors or tpyos*
This version is finished but for the final proofing before I print it out (I want to have final print and binding this weekend if I can).

* Yes, that one was deliberate unlike the ones in the book.
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby phalarope » Thu Apr 02, 2020 08:41 pm

Have pm'ed you. Thanks for sharing your brilliant work. I'm a lazy sod in comparison!
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby Kelshandra » Sun Apr 05, 2020 09:54 pm

ARGHH! Word to the wise for anyone interested in making their own album book. Make sure you fold the pages correctly when making the book or your pages will be out of order. Also, check that the pages are correct before you go and bind them into the book itself. Ask me how I know this.

Also, anyone interested in a sport 2018 album? It is fully completed with a gold spine lettering and the cool cover paper that is close up on coral (and so tie to the aquatic theme of the year of the lobster. Only issue, the pages go 1, 2, 11, 12. 13. 14, 15, 18, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 19 20 etc.... I am very smart.

*Turns on printer and gets out the nice paper to start over*
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Miss Tick » Sat Jun 06, 2020 07:32 pm

Kelshandra wrote:ARGHH! Word to the wise for anyone interested in making their own album book. Make sure you fold the pages correctly when making the book or your pages will be out of order. Also, check that the pages are correct before you go and bind them into the book itself. Ask me how I know this.

Also, anyone interested in a sport 2018 album? It is fully completed with a gold spine lettering and the cool cover paper that is close up on coral (and so tie to the aquatic theme of the year of the lobster. Only issue, the pages go 1, 2, 11, 12. 13. 14, 15, 18, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 19 20 etc.... I am very smart.

*Turns on printer and gets out the nice paper to start over*

Kel
whatever you have done right or wrong in doing your your albums we admire your tenacity. I've spent years not sorting out my stamps.
Unfortunately I've worked although lockdown as archaeology is firmly attatched to the construction industry (they cant build till we have finished) so sorting out my stamps is still on the wish list.

I could be doing it now but a nice lemon gin liqueur distracted me (its been a long week and common sense has been thin on the ground) and I'm concentrating on Pod Save America
"give me a task or I shall run mad"
Miss Tick

Re: Kel's Stamp Yearbook 2018 (now 2019 too)

Postby Kelshandra » Wed Jun 10, 2020 09:13 am

'nk you. I understand, really. After my little rant I still have not either made the new book or even put the stamps in the other albums yet. Schools went to remote teaching here so I the only 'free time' I gained was my commute to/from work but since I'm not that far away it didn't make much difference. We officially restarted schools for all students here this week so now it's back to the grind. Perhaps these upcoming school holidays? Or I can just nap. That would be nice...

For the people at home, I thought I'd be sneaky for 2020 and make notes to make writing the intro section about the year easier for when I finish the album... Yeah, that's going to be a fun entry to write :shock:
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Return to The Stamps