Discworld

Dinky Ransom.

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Dinky Ransom.

Postby I.B.Igor » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:28 pm

Sorry to inform you all, some sad news, Dinky our beloved caramel tabby cat, was put to sleep on Tuesday this week.
We knew she some difficulty breathing, and put it down to a heart murmer we knew she had , which could have affected her breathing at any time.
Seems our kitty diva was hiding a more serious condition, and under advice from a very nice vet, and with love, dignity and lots of tears and cuddles we let our gorgeous girl go.
The house seems very empty and cold without her , she was almost ten. R.I.P my angel, I am going to miss you so much. :meow:
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Re: Dinky Ransom.

Postby Nonny Mouse » Fri Jan 24, 2020 06:00 pm

I'm so sorry. :cry: <3
Outmaneuvered on all counts, I opt to change the rules.
- Never Cry Wolf
Nonny Mouse

Postby I.B.Igor » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:42 pm

Thank you Nonny, it seems so fast, one minute a fluff ball with attitude, next an expert butterfly hunter, then a lap cat, next minute gone. :( ten years is not long enough.
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:50 pm

Oh Jackie. I'm so sorry. :cry: It's absolutely heartbreaking when you have to say goodbye.
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Catch-up

Postby I.B.Igor » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:26 am

Thank you Susanne, it was a horrible day, but I cannot thank the vet enough. Once we had decided to let her go with some dignity, Dinky had one injection to calm her down, and we all moved to a small room, where the lights were dim, and we could cuddle her, and talk to her, just myself and Martyn, there were lots of tears.
The vet came in and gave her her last injection, and a few minutes later, she was gone. We were left alone with her to say goodbye in our own time, I must have kissed her and told her I loved her a hundered times.
We were left with her until we decided it was time to go, so the fluffy towel she was laid on, i wrapped her up in. She went with love, peacefully and without pain.
I.B.Igor

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jan 25, 2020 06:10 am

So sorry for your loss :(
Proceed, varlet, and let the day be rendered perfect for my benefit!
Tonyblack

Postby phalarope » Sun Jan 26, 2020 02:05 am

Oh Jackie, I just saw this tonight. I am so sorry. :cry: She was such a sweetie and I'm so glad I knew her in person (in feline?) Hugs to you and Martyn. Dinky had wonderful humans.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Penners » Sun Jan 26, 2020 09:13 am

Sorry for your loss. :(
“In theory it was, around now, Literature. Susan hated Literature. She'd much prefer to read a good book.”
Penners

Postby I.B.Igor » Wed Jan 29, 2020 01:33 pm

Thank you all, it seems our Dinky had quite a fan club, so may people we know are being very supportive. Today I got a call from the Vets, her ashes are back, and we can collect her when we are ready, think we might wait until Martyn can be with me too. I said to the lady who rang me it will be nice to bring her home.
Thank you Carol for saying she had nice humans, from eight weeks old, until the day we said goodbye I dont think she had anyone be nasty to her, and I admit she was spoiled
( we used to have lunch together) no matter what I was having, Dinky had to try some too, though she did draw the line at salad and vegatable soup!

Her favorite was salmon, sausages, and cooked chicken, for a while her nickname was Sausage theif! she would pinch them from under the grill if we left a few to cool down after cooking. I admit I am a wet hen, and a cat lover, and I definately loved that cat. Martyn is missing her too, so much. Thank you all for your support and love.
I.B.Igor

Postby phazedout » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:50 pm

I'm sorry jackie i don't come on here too often and I only saw this now. had two elderly cats, one died after i moved house, july of 18, the other one, chonky floof that she is, is lying on the bed beside me purring her way towards 13. They were ten when i got them.
#gentle kitty hugz
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby Catch-up » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:43 pm

So sorry about your kitty to Phazed. :(
Catch-up

Return to The Kitchen Table