Discworld

Good Post / Bad Post - Special Delivery

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: Good Post / Bad Post - Special Delivery

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Nov 16, 2018 03:24 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
chrisboote wrote:Lies Sleeping, book 7 of Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London just arrived
I got a message at 7:49am this morning saying that mine was due to be delivered today - it's now 2:30pm and still no book :( :bounce: :(

It's here! :D :D :D And what's even better is that I'd forgotten that I'd ordered a signed one! :D :D :D
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Alan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:29 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:
chrisboote wrote:Lies Sleeping, book 7 of Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London just arrived
I got a message at 7:49am this morning saying that mine was due to be delivered today - it's now 2:30pm and still no book :( :bounce: :(

It's here! :D :D :D And what's even better is that I'd forgotten that I'd ordered a signed one! :D :D :D

Got my copy yesterday on the way home from hospital after a blood test,need my brain to slow down a bit before starting it.
Romani ite domum
Alan

Postby Alan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:31 pm

I know my area has what is acknowledged by the post office as having the worst delivery in Britain,but 10 days for a package on 48 hour delivery? that`s got to be a record!
Romani ite domum
Alan

Postby Alan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:58 pm

E-mail from the Emporium last night informing me my order had been dispatched,arrived this morning :bounce:
Romani ite domum
Alan

Postby phalarope » Fri May 22, 2020 07:32 pm

Wow, nothing posted here for over a year! Time to resurrect.

A mystery package from the Isle of Man Postal Service. I have made a few off-the-wall stampy purchases in the last month, so thought it might be something I ordered and forgot about. NOOOOO! A prezzie from Hansolobiker! :sunny: :sunny: A stamp set commemorating the Mayflower. :thumbl: :thumbl: :D :D 'nk you!

The latest Kel-organized envelope exchange offerings are trickling in. :sunny: :sunny: :thumbl: :thumbl: Lots of creativity and care from Flatelists and others.

A HUGE bottle of low-sodium soy sauce from the big A. Love or hate them, they've been supplying lots of things that can't be found in supermarkets anymore (or not locally, anyway).

An eBay order of lighthouse pictorial cancels from S. Korea. They took so long to arrive it was past eBay's cutoff date for feedback. You'd think they would fix that in response to the age of covid19. Lot's of treasures to play with.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby phalarope » Mon Jun 29, 2020 04:22 pm

Another happy day at the mailbox. Red Dwarf The Promised Land, all the way from London. :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :sunny: :sunny: I know what I'll be doing this evening! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: 'nk you Steeljam!
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Alan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:33 am

Another rapid delivery from the Emporium has arrived,about to go through the LBE`s :D
Romani ite domum
Alan

Previous

Return to The Kitchen Table