Discworld

B S Johnson is alive and well and living in Australia

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Postby Cara » Sun Jul 03, 2005 09:56 pm

Hmm did any one read pTerry's A Collegiate Casting-Out of Devilish Devices in the Times Educational supplement last month...there's a copy of it on http://www.cheerycomic.co.uk/thesstory.html
Cara

Postby Darren » Mon Jul 04, 2005 06:36 am

Colin wrote:
Darren wrote:Why is this suddenly making me feel old? And maybe even a little wise?

Nah, just old...

Darren ... you have no idea what 'feeling old' really means ... trust me! :wink:

Thanks Colin, really cheer me up! Overworked, sleep deprived and stressed, and then you tell me it gets worse...?!

I thought getting old meant you had the chance to do unto your kids what they've been doing unto you for years, and to enjoy the prospect of grandkids that whilst are perfect and lovely are still nonetheless not being raised right, but at least that you can fill with sweets and caffeine and then give back...
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby Colin » Mon Jul 04, 2005 07:49 am

Darren wrote: Thanks Colin, really cheer me up! Overworked, sleep deprived and stressed, and then you tell me it gets worse...?! [/quote.]

Oh yes. MUCH worse ...

Darren wrote: I thought getting old meant you had the chance to do unto your kids what they've been doing unto you for years, and to enjoy the prospect of grandkids that whilst are perfect and lovely are still nonetheless not being raised right, but at least that you can fill with sweets and caffeine and then give back...

Well, yes, there is that ... but ...

... actually, I ain't going to elaborate ... you'll find out soon enough ... :twisted:

Pusha will know *exactly* what I mean ... :wink:
Past my 'Sell-By' date.
Elder Grumpy Old Man.
Colin

Postby NiDochartaigh » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:15 pm

Kinda on the same subject of doing stupid things.

I once recieved drawing from a US ship yard. the scale of the drawing was half inch to a foot but I couldn't for the life of me get the calcaultions to work... On contacting the consultant the explaination was simple.

"Compying with UK regulations the drawings were provided in metric"
At first I did not understand and things didn't work out, then I found in a second correspondance the term "metric foot" which I hadn't come across before... It turned out that the consultants metric drawing used 10 inches to a foot.

Enough said, a complete resubmission was requested.
NiDochartaigh

Previous

Return to The Kitchen Table