Page 2 of 3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 06:47 pm
by NiDochartaigh
Me mammy said one of the best & funniest 'gifts' she got was a card with a Tea bag and a kit-kat in iside it with the words - "you got me through now have a break - you earned it!"

She's a secondary school teacher for nearly 30 years

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 07:06 pm
by Dragonlady
Small and I came back with a spinning picture frame and a stress ball!

I expect that will work.

Small wanted to get Sir a 'sympathy' card, cos hes a Leeds supporter, but I managed to talk him into a thanyou teacher one....

*phew*

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 07:09 pm
by xxmaxiexx
I gotta go shopping tomoz
wish me luck lol
6 teachers is not fun to buy for
by christmas I will have
4 pre school teachers
1 teacher for james
3 ppl on nathans school bus
4 teachers in nathans class
help I be broke just from school teacher presents :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 07:11 pm
by Dragonlady
If we'd been more organised we usually make stuff. My sister (a nursery teacher) says that they're the presents she likes best!

Mini Chrstmas cakes are usually a winner (made in a clean small baked-bean can or similar), and 'decorated' by the youngster. I did them with my mum, and I seem to remember that one year I decorated them with mazipan dinosaurs....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 08:32 am
by alohura
Dragonlady wrote:If we'd been more organised we usually make stuff. My sister (a nursery teacher) says that they're the presents she likes best!

Mini Chrstmas cakes are usually a winner (made in a clean small baked-bean can or similar), and 'decorated' by the youngster. I did them with my mum, and I seem to remember that one year I decorated them with mazipan dinosaurs....


I never would have thought of baking a cake in a tin. Fantastic idea...........

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 08:34 am
by Pat
alohura wrote:I never would have thought of baking a cake in a tin. Fantastic idea...........
Don't they have cake-tins round your way? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 08:39 am
by alohura
Pat wrote:
alohura wrote:I never would have thought of baking a cake in a tin. Fantastic idea...........
Don't they have cake-tins round your way? :lol:


Its just a cute idea for small cakes. Something different for birthdays.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 09:30 am
by Kelshandra
If you want to make cute little cakes, another option that I was given once was a little fruit cake made in a little terracotta pot (new not used!).
It would also have the added advantage as a teachers present in that you could paint it to decorate it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 09:32 am
by ladyramkin
xxmaxiexx wrote:I gotta go shopping tomoz
wish me luck lol
6 teachers is not fun to buy for
by christmas I will have
4 pre school teachers
1 teacher for james
3 ppl on nathans school bus
4 teachers in nathans class
help I be broke just from school teacher presents :shock:


And a partridge in a pear-tree :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:35 pm
by Dragonlady
alohura wrote:
Pat wrote:
alohura wrote:I never would have thought of baking a cake in a tin. Fantastic idea...........
Don't they have cake-tins round your way? :lol:


Its just a cute idea for small cakes. Something different for birthdays.

They make quite nice pressies for people who live on their own - my Nan always used to get one!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:49 pm
by alohura
I can make myself lots of little gluten free cake and not inflict it on everyone else!...... nah, where is the fun it that!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 01:17 pm
by rentawitch
Dragonlady wrote:Small and I came back with a spinning picture frame and a stress ball!

I expect that will work.

Small wanted to get Sir a 'sympathy' card, cos hes a Leeds supporter, but I managed to talk him into a thanyou teacher one....

*phew*

I reckon the sympathy card would have been better!!
Different.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 01:29 pm
by xxmaxiexx
right I am back with 6 vases and 6 boxes of chocolates and 6 thankyou cards and am £46 poorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 02:20 pm
by unohoo
:shock: That's 9 LBEs!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 06:49 pm
by xxmaxiexx
I know but I can't have my children being mean and not giving anything
as all the others do