Discworld

For all Star Wars fans....

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

For all Star Wars fans....

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat May 04, 2013 11:34 am

.......May the 4th be with you! :lol:

apologies to everyone else for a well worn joke :wink:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Re: For all Star Wars fans....

Postby Tonyblack » Sat May 04, 2013 11:37 am

May the 4th be with you 2. :D

Happy Star Wars Day!
Proceed, varlet, and let the day be rendered perfect for my benefit!
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Sat May 04, 2013 09:13 pm

May the 4th be with you! :D
Catch-up

Postby phalarope » Sat May 04, 2013 09:34 pm

And with you also :D
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon May 06, 2013 09:44 am

Thankfully the Star Wars franchise has been taken out of the hands of George Lucas so hopefully the new Star Wars films will be a damn sight better than the disappointing last set - especially with JJ Abrahms at the helm as I think his 1st Star Trek film was brilliant and I can't wait to see In To Darkness........mind you, Benedict Cumberbatch alone would make me willing to watch just about anything....

......which leads me on to my point, as the other day we were pondering who will be cast in the new movie - does anyone else thing Benedict cumberbatch would make the best Jedi master since Alex Guinness? Perhaps Vin Deisel could play the baddie as he is the only one I can think of that has a voice deep and distinctive enough to give James Earl Jones a run for his money. I'm not a fan of the Fast & Furious films, but loved Pitch Black & Chronicles of Riddick.

Who would you like to see in the new Star Wars film?
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 06, 2013 10:01 am

I'm a little bothered that Benedict Cumberbatch (and Martin Freeman) is doing so well. I hope the Sherlock people have got him under contract for more series, or he may become too big to do them. :?

As to Star Trek under Abrahms - while I sort of enjoyed the film, I don't like what he's done with the Star Trek universe. It would be like someone making a Discworld movie and getting rid of Death, making Rincewind into a muscle-bound hero and the Librarian a chimpanzee.
Tonyblack

Postby Joolz » Mon May 06, 2013 11:48 am

Tonyblack wrote:I'm a little bothered that Benedict Cumberbatch (and Martin Freeman) is doing so well. I hope the Sherlock people have got him under contract for more series, or he may become too big to do them. :?
They are currently filming Series 3 and Benedict Cumberbatch recently said during a Q&A session after a showing of the Star Trek movie iirc that Series 4 had been commissioned and the actors signed up. Although I guess a lot will still depend on the practicalities of everyone's availabilities. The filming of Series 3 was delayed by commitments to The Hobbit trilogy and ST:Into Darkness so signing everyone to Series 4 is probably more of an option than a certainty. But he was certainly sounding both enthusiastic and optimistic. :D
Joolz

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Mon May 06, 2013 08:49 pm

Eeek!

Are you allowed to talk about Star Trek in a Star Wars thread?? Doesn't that go against the rules of the spaced-out-time-continuum* or something?

P.S. Almost choked laughing for five minutes when I read the first message in this thread! I don't care how old the pune is, it's the first time I remeber seeing it! :lol:

* Don't you just LOVE words with two concecutive U-s?
What ape? Oook! :book:
Librarians Apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon May 06, 2013 09:06 pm

Librarians Apprentice wrote:Eeek!

Are you allowed to talk about Star Treck in a Star Wars thread?? Doesn't that go against the rules of the spaced-out-time-continuum* or something?

P.S. Almost choked laughing for five minutes when I read the first message in this thread!

* Don't you just LOVE words with two concecutive U-s?

Well, we've wondered off Star Wars, through Star Trek and are now on Sherlock via Benedict Cumberbatch.......I agree that there absolutely has to be as many more series of Sherlock as possible.......did he survive the fall off the hospital roof by landing in the garbage truck, or did Lando Calrissian and Chewie sweep in on the Millennium Falcon and rescue him like they did with Luke and Cloud City?

....Tenuous link, I'll grant you, but given the topic thread I had to get Star Wars in there somewhere!
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 06, 2013 09:14 pm

The Enterprise beamed him up. :mrgreen:
Tonyblack

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Tue May 07, 2013 01:47 pm

Tonyblack wrote:The Enterprise beamed him up. :mrgreen:

Oook!
:evil: I sense a disturbance in the Force, as though an entire plant groaned :twisted:
What ape? Oook! :book:
Librarians Apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue May 07, 2013 05:39 pm

Librarians Apprentice wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:The Enterprise beamed him up. :mrgreen:

Oook!
:evil: I sense a disturbance in the Force, as though an entire plant groaned :twisted:

The force is strong in this one....... :lol:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat May 11, 2013 10:58 am

Have just read that the new Star Wars film is going to made in the UK - anyone know how you apply to be an extra?
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Catch-up » Sun May 12, 2013 12:59 am

Joolz wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:I'm a little bothered that Benedict Cumberbatch (and Martin Freeman) is doing so well. I hope the Sherlock people have got him under contract for more series, or he may become too big to do them. :?
They are currently filming Series 3 and Benedict Cumberbatch recently said during a Q&A session after a showing of the Star Trek movie iirc that Series 4 had been commissioned and the actors signed up. Although I guess a lot will still depend on the practicalities of everyone's availabilities. The filming of Series 3 was delayed by commitments to The Hobbit trilogy and ST:Into Darkness so signing everyone to Series 4 is probably more of an option than a certainty. But he was certainly sounding both enthusiastic and optimistic. :D

I love that show! Can't wait until season 3 is on Netflix.
Catch-up

Postby Grace Speaker » Sun May 12, 2013 01:47 pm

Catch-up wrote:
Joolz wrote:

I love that show! Can't wait until season 3 is on Netflix.

You might have a bit of a wait as they only started filming about a month ago! :( What's your theory on how he survived the fall?
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Next

Return to The Kitchen Table