Discworld

For all Star Wars fans....

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: For all Star Wars fans....

Postby Whos Wee Dug » Wed Dec 20, 2017 08:11 pm

I enjoyed it, a few plot twists kept the tension running high. :thumbl:
A Midgie in yur hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Whos Wee Dug

Postby Sandra » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:12 am

I thought all three (New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) were heavily referenced but all with little twists so if you thought it would predict the punchline you were surprised.
Veni Vini Volupti

Name the deamon and it can be destroyed... and it's name is Alzheimer's
Sandra

Postby Pat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 03:48 pm

I can remember when she was just starting basic training as a communications officer on SHADO Moonbase... Image
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Postby chrisboote » Mon Feb 12, 2018 03:54 pm

Today I Learned that Star Wars* fans are even more bat shit crazy than I had previously suspected
http://biggerluke.wikidot.com/

*Technically only some SW fans, but I'm quite happy to lump you all in the 'bat shit crazy' pile together :)
Using your old computer to shop for a new computer online is rather cruel
It's like asking your dying wife if she has any cute girlfriends
chrisboote

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 05:23 pm

chrisboote wrote:Today I Learned that Star Wars* fans are even more bat shit crazy than I had previously suspected
What do you mean 'today'? You have met me before right? :wink:
chrisboote wrote:http://biggerluke.wikidot.com/

*Technically only some SW fans, but I'm quite happy to lump you all in the 'bat shit crazy' pile together :)
Good gods, I see what you mean! :shock: And I though I was a Luke Skywalker obsessive . . . I'm positively sane compared to those tinfoil-hat nutters! And while we're at it, someone should look into why they've got so much free time on their hands . . .

Anyway, exactly what were you searching for when you stumbled on this rather disturbing corner of the internet? **she asked very suspiciously . . .**
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby chrisboote » Mon Feb 12, 2018 07:48 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:exactly what were you searching for when you stumbled on this rather disturbing corner of the internet? **she asked very suspiciously . . .**

https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/ ... ch_people/
Reddit TIL, a rabbithole from which there is no escape...
Using your old computer to shop for a new computer online is rather cruel
It's like asking your dying wife if she has any cute girlfriends
chrisboote

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Feb 12, 2018 08:34 pm

chrisboote wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:exactly what were you searching for when you stumbled on this rather disturbing corner of the internet? **she asked very suspiciously . . .**

https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/ ... ch_people/
Reddit TIL, a rabbithole from which there is no escape...
My word, I don't know whether to be very worried or subscribe myself . . .
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Nonny Mouse » Tue Feb 13, 2018 02:30 am

So, okay, what do you guys think about the upcoming Solo movie? As in, good idea/bad idea/ it depends how it turns out?

Knowing next to nothing about it, will only say so far that Lando looks right, Chewie looks right, and Han doesn't. Way too much cheek structure going on there. And how are they going to play the love interest in a way that sets him up properly to fall in love with Leia? So, I dunno... maybe... but I don't think I'm likely to be wild about it.
Outmaneuvered on all counts, I opt to change the rules.
- Never Cry Wolf
Nonny Mouse

Postby Pat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 02:52 pm

Nonny Mouse wrote:So, okay, what do you guys think about the upcoming Solo movie? As in, good idea/bad idea/ it depends how it turns out?

I thought the trailer looke da bit "film school term project" but I'll probably go to see it! After all, "Pink 5" was excellent ;-)
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:34 pm

So, someone has come up with a quiz to find your perfect Star Wars Valentine's day date:

http://www.starwars.com/news/quiz-which-star-wars-character-should-be-your-valentines-day-date

I might not have been taking the questions seriously, but according to this daft thing, my dream date is Queen Padme Amidala :shock: when it should quite clearly be Luke Skywalker! I think I'll have to take it again
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby phalarope » Thu Feb 15, 2018 01:04 am

Lando Calrissian for me. Acceptable.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 09:19 am

phalarope wrote:Lando Calrissian for me. Acceptable.

Oooooo you lucky thing! So far I've gotten Queen Amadala, Emperor Palpatine & Jabba the Hut!!! :shock: :? :shock:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby phalarope » Thu Feb 15, 2018 06:51 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:

Oooooo you lucky thing! So far I've gotten Queen Amadala, Emperor Palpatine & Jabba the Hut!!! :shock: :? :shock:

What is WRONG with you, woman???? :shock: :lol: :lol: And now I have a terrible image of you in a Leia dress and chains . . . . brain bleach required.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 07:28 pm

phalarope wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:

What is WRONG with you, woman???? :shock: :lol: :lol: And now I have a terrible image of you in a Leia dress and chains . . . . brain bleach required.
:lol: Well, now you come to mention it, a few years ago I did have that gold bikini costume from ROTJ . . . it's probably still in a box up the loft somewhere . . .
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby phazedout » Thu Feb 15, 2018 09:18 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
phalarope wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:Oooooo you lucky thing! So far I've gotten Queen Amadala, Emperor Palpatine & Jabba the Hut!!! :shock: :? :shock:

:lol: Well, now you come to mention it, a few years ago I did have that gold bikini costume from ROTJ . . . it's probably still in a box up the loft somewhere . . .

Wear it to the spring fling, it'll make an impact!
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

PreviousNext

Return to The Kitchen Table