Discworld

The insanity of cats.....

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: The insanity of cats.....

Postby phazedout » Sun Apr 02, 2017 08:39 pm

So my two arrived yesterday. They have settled in with remarkable lspeed, going form hiding under the bed to being ery snuggly on the couch, so much so i was almost forced of the end, these are not light kittehs. I'm getting used tot he uties (litter tray cleaup) required of a human slave. Mustikka (the black one) is currently snoring on my bed and Mansikka (the callico/tortiseshell one) is inside on the couch, i went out today and got a cat tree (being delivered tomorrow) a fluffy feather thing onna stick and a laser pointer.
So I am once again the willing slave of felines...
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby Basement » Mon Apr 03, 2017 08:43 am

Hoorah for being a cat owner, I mean slave!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:36 am

Congratulations on the arrival of your new feline overlords! :wink: :meow: :meow: :thumbl:

I have recently made a discovery that may be of some help in the never ending battle to stop everything you own becoming covered in cat hair . . . it's called The Furminator and is the best comb I've ever come across.
Although rather pricey, you wouldn't believe the amount of fur and fluff in takes off! :shock: Although you really want to do any grooming in a tiled are rather than on a carpet, otherwise you'll end up having to groom the fur off the carpet as well! A thorough groom with The Furminator once a week or so and there's far less shedding, especially important in springtime when they're shedding their winter coat anyway.
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker

Postby phazedout » Mon Apr 03, 2017 07:58 pm

I put mustikka on top,of the cat tree today and bless her she couldn't figure out how to get down and initially wouldnt let me help .
Mansikka is currently scoffing the remaining kibble. I won't refill it this late at night, they're overv6 kind, osv and badly need to lose weight. They don't want to ezcercise though do careful diet seems the way to go.
I love my feline overlords. Luckily grade I've no carpet here, it's all laminate flooring.
Off to be studiously ignored by a cat talking up half the bed now
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Thu May 18, 2017 02:27 pm

What ape? Oook! :book:
Librarians Apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu May 18, 2017 04:32 pm

Librarians Apprentice wrote:Oook!

I just saw this article and had to share

"Animal Shelter Writes Badass Adoption Memo For 'Utter Bastard Of A Cat'"
:lol:
Greebo would be so proud!
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:18 am

In my living room I have a 3-seater sofa, 2 arm chairs, a long windowsill, lots of floor space and a dedicated (large) cat-basket - lots and lots of places for the cats to sit, lie and/or sleep you might think, BUT is Susie the cat interested in any of these luxurious places where she can spread out and make herself comfortable?
No! :meow: :evil:
The only spot in the living room, indeed in the whole house that she ever wants to sit in is the exact spot that I happen to be sitting on at the time :roll: Her Ladyship pesters me and pesters me and pesters me until I finally give up and move over, whereby she will squeeze herself into what ever space I've just vacated - even if said spot is only a few inches wide and she practically has to sit on her own head in order to be able to fit! :roll:
Grace Speaker

Postby Darren » Thu Jun 08, 2017 03:09 pm

And what is unusual about that for any cat? Sounds like every cat I've ever served...
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Jun 08, 2017 04:58 pm

Darren wrote:And what is unusual about that for any cat? Sounds like every cat I've ever served...
:lol: yes, they have an infinite variety of ways to remind us who is really servant and master don't they?
Grace Speaker

Postby I.B.Igor » Fri Jun 09, 2017 06:23 am

Dinky has a wickerwork " Mushroom " at the top of the stairs, it has a hidey hole in the base, and the top is an inverted flattened scoop, just right for a cat to curl up in and sleep, had it for YEARS, un used, un loved, home to dust and spiders.
Last year I mentioned it to Martyn I was thinking of getting rid of it, from November onwards Dinky slept in the Mushroom, the first time I found her in it I got a kitty glare of " how dare you think of getting rid of my day bed Minion! "
I have now relented, and decided to keep it,....it is now a home for dust and spiders. :?
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby phazedout » Sat Jun 10, 2017 02:32 pm

I was lying on bed (not so much in, it's June here and 17 degrees at night, covers aren't really used) and lyta had hopped up and curled up against me purring happilly.
Then na'toth came in and just sat down and *looked* at her.

Lyta duly hopped off the bed and na'toth stared at her until she'd left the room, then hopped up once she'd gone.

ahh kitty politics.
phazedout

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:03 am

In the south of England today it is hot, damn hot. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
So where did I find moggy #2 today?
Relaxing in the shade perhaps? Enjoying the breeze in the garden? Chilling out on the tiles in the bathroom?

No, of course not - that would be far too sensible! :roll: Herself had chosen to get UNDERNEATH the duvet on one of the hottest days of the year so far for a nap . . . and then casually reach out a paw to give me a friendly claw when I unknowingly sat down next to her, scaring the crap out of me in the process!!

:meow: :twisted: :meow:
Grace Speaker

Postby phazedout » Sun Jun 18, 2017 09:39 pm

so i'm in bd again reading my current novella as i try and read the entire nominated list for hugos.
Na'toth trots along hops up on to the bed then settles down
halfway on to the bloody tablet with the kindle app open on it.

Yeah kitth becuase that makes it easy for me to read
phazedout

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Mon Jun 19, 2017 05:21 am

Oook!
phazedout wrote:Na'toth trots along hops up on to the bed then settles down
halfway on to the bloody tablet with the kindle app open on it.

Yeah kitth becuase that makes it easy for me to read
:?:
Where else would your overlord place himself*? Your were graced with the Royal Presence - you must drop all other matters and show proper obeisance!

* Or herself? I couldn't tell which gender of the Master Species you're serving
What ape? Oook! :book:
Librarians Apprentice

Postby I.B.Igor » Mon Jun 19, 2017 06:24 am

Dinky decided the best place to sleep yesterday was in the garden, legs akimbo on her back, doing her best dead cat impression, in full sunshine ( and right under a bird feeder, she wasn't kidding anyone, but she tried )
When she felt hot, she then slunk into the kitchen and laid flat right in the middle of the floor, and refused to budge until she had cooled down. She repeated this several times , some of the comments Martyn made as he almost stepped on her were unprintable, Dinky just gave him a glare, as if to say " Hey! Kitty cooling down here Human ! "
and he still says I can get a kitten again if I want too :shock: :D
I must admit its tempting, kittens are cute, its such a shame they grow up to be cats* ( furry over demanding Divas ) :wink:
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

PreviousNext

Return to The Kitchen Table