Discworld

Broken Drummers.

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: Broken Drummers.

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Nov 06, 2017 04:17 pm

Damn and blast! Something's come up and I'm not going to make it tonight :( That's two in a row now that I've missed :( :(
Hope you all have fun :thumbl:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker

Postby Pat » Tue Nov 07, 2017 01:26 pm

Hope no one minds that I've nicked a picture from your website to use in my Salisbury talk! It's the Xmas one with Andrew and the "Broken Drum", erm, drum...
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Jan 11, 2018 06:33 pm

Any one interested in joining The Night Watch at the Tower of London? :D

I saw this advertised at The Tower of London and thought it might be interesting . . .

https://www.hrp.org.uk/tower-of-london/ ... gs._B_OZs0

NIGHTWATCHERS is an immersive night-time experience at the Tower of London directed by award-winning digital theatre company ANAGRAM. Step into a shadowy world of state surveillance, where messages and phone calls lead you around one of our most notorious prisons; this is your induction into the art of covert investigation.

The story moves between contemporary London and the most dramatic years of the Elizabethan secret service. Faith, violence and the invisible lines between truth and justice collide, and you must find your way guided by the stories of code-breakers, law enforcers and radical religious extremists.

In a climate of global insecurity, NIGHTWATCHERS asks where is the line between security and oppression? Who watches the watchers?

It's running on Friday 9th & 16th + Saturday 10th, 17th & 24th
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker

Previous

Return to The Kitchen Table