Discworld

Broken Drummers.

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Broken Drummers.

Postby Stibbons » Sun Feb 02, 2014 08:03 pm

Thought it was time for a new thread.

Broken Drummers at the Monkey Puzzle in Sussex Gardens, Paddington, Monday 3rd Feb, starting 7ish. Jax? You're doing the quiz.
We'll keep the turtle moving.
Stibbons

Re: Broken Drummers.

Postby Basement » Mon Feb 03, 2014 09:41 am

*pats her pocket*

Mwahahahahahaha! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Postby Stibbons » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:45 pm

*blows dust off account*

*cough...*

Ahem. Broken Drummers tonight, the Monkey Puzzle Pub in Sussex Gardens, near Paddington. Starting 7ish, though there are usually a few there by 6. The Wife and I both hope to be there.
Stibbons

Postby chrisboote » Mon Apr 07, 2014 01:47 pm

Have fun, I wish I could be there 8-(
Using your old computer to shop for a new computer online is rather cruel
It's like asking your dying wife if she has any cute girlfriends
chrisboote

Postby phazedout » Mon Apr 07, 2014 02:49 pm

*shamelessly steals thunder*

Northingfjord drummers, also tonight, 19:00 in alvaari baari, near Kappautori, central turk (off market squre, beside the Attalan, up from the UFF second hand clothing store).
That's Turku, Finland, obv.
Alan
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby Shivers » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:25 am

In case there are any Ireland-based lurkers here who don't know - there's a drummer-inspired meet up group called the Banjaxed Bodhráners who can be found on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1434164786802148/
Irish Discworld Convention 2019 - 29th March - 1st April 2019, Cork International Hotel
News and updates here: http://www.idwcon.orgTwittering on and on here: https://twitter.com/
And book of face here: https://www.facebook.com/irishdiscworld/
Shivers

Postby Stibbons » Mon Jun 02, 2014 08:45 am

Mornin'.

Broken Drummers tonight at the Monkey Puzzle in Sussex Gardens, Paddington. Officially starts at 7 but there are usually people are in attendance from 6 onwards, Look for the Broken Drum at the back of the pub. Both Helen and I should be there, all visitors, and the idly curious welcome.
Stibbons

Postby phazedout » Mon Jun 02, 2014 01:05 pm

our northingfjor drummmers meet has MOVED both location and day, we meet now in Portt, HEamenkatu/tavistgatan 7, on wed at 7
Alan
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Postby Stibbons » Mon Jul 07, 2014 02:23 pm

Broken Drummers tonight at the Monkey Puzzle in Sussex Gardens, Paddington. Officially starts at 7 but there are usually people are in attendance from 6 onwards, Look for the Broken Drum at the back of the pub. Both Helen and I should be there, all visitors, and the idly curious welcome.

Yes, I know it's just a cut'n'paste of the previous. I'm not lazy, just efficient.
Stibbons

Postby Stibbons » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:07 am

Broken Drummers tonight, from 7pm in the Monkey Puzzle, Sussex Gardens, Paddington. I'm afraid neither Helen nor I shall be there due to lurgi, but hope you all have a good one.
Stibbons

Postby Shivers » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Banjaxed Bodhráners are planning their next meeting for the end of the month, check out details on the book of face. One of these days I will make it down to London for a Drummers meeting!
Irish Discworld Convention 2019 - 29th March - 1st April 2019, Cork International Hotel
News and updates here: http://www.idwcon.orgTwittering on and on here: https://twitter.com/
And book of face here: https://www.facebook.com/irishdiscworld/
Shivers

Postby phazedout » Wed Oct 08, 2014 01:15 pm

aget some confuzzlement and non turning upper, the northingfjord drumers are meeting earlier, first monday of november in Portii bar, on Haemenkatu, Turku, Finlan. meeting will start at 17:00, reinders wil be posted on fb closer to the event.
phazedout

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Nov 04, 2014 01:40 pm

Hello Drummers, one and all

Just a quick note to say thank you for making me feel so welcome yesterday evening. It was great fun meeting you all and joining in the occasional sing-song :lol:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby DrummerLady » Sun Nov 09, 2014 01:45 pm

We met on Monday. It seems a long time ago now. It was great to meet Grace Speaker. We talked a lot about Hogswatch and did our best to encourage those who have never been to come along.

There was discussion of the most recent Dr. Who. My impression from that discussion is that I enjoy it more than most because my expectations are a lot lower. I still think the "moon is an egg" episode was utter crap, though and don't get me started on why anyone would repair a Dalek without disabling its weapon function first.

The was a happy moment when the staff at the Monkey Puzzle brought us a free bowl of chicken goujons. I'm still not quite sure why but they were nice (as is their roast pork belly with crackling and an apple stuffed with black pudding. I'm having a Homer Simpson moment just thinking about it).

I've discussed Christmas with Gary and he's going to send a menu. I'll give him a nudge and send out details when I've got them.

Only other thing that sticks in the mind is that I mentioned that I avoid putting anything too smutty in meeting reports as they are seen by people who have never been to Drummers. Everyone pointed out that anyone who would be shocked would probably hate Drummers anyway. Very true.
DrummerLady

Postby DrummerLady » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 am

The Christmas dinner will be on Monday 8th December.

I've sent out the menu to the mailing list. If anyone else wants to come please PM me with your email address and I'll send you a copy of the menu. Please can I have your choices by the end of the month.

Anyone who wants to come along without ordering a meal is welcome to do so but if you want to order from the bar menu I'd recommend you call the Monkey Puzzle in advance.

This year marks the 10th anniversary of Drummers. It's not clear exactly when the first meeting was held and it probably depends what you count so I've decided to declare December's meeting the 10th anniversary celebration as well.

It would be great to see lots of Drummers old and new (and kind of medium term). It would be great to hear your memories of Drummers.
DrummerLady

Next

Return to The Kitchen Table