Discworld

How was your day - Après Spring Fling

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: How was your day - Après Spring Fling

Postby phalarope » Wed Oct 03, 2018 08:10 pm

Today I saw a water rail (among other things) at RSPB Conwy. And it wasn't raining in Llamedos. :wink:
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby phalarope » Wed Oct 03, 2018 08:19 pm

Oxford was entertaining, but way too full of American tourists. :P :P Yorkshire was delightfully full of Discworld peoples, and I was rugby-fied. And was photographed on Ilkla Moor baht 'at. And out of breath.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Penners » Thu Oct 04, 2018 08:56 am

I got invited to participate in a large multi-artist gallery for eight weeks leading up to Christmas. It's also located in the town centre shopping precinct so, hopefully, there will be plenty of opportunities for sales. This is all as a result of my successful recent exhibition that the organizer dropped in and saw. :D
“In theory it was, around now, Literature. Susan hated Literature. She'd much prefer to read a good book.”
Penners

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:49 am

Penners wrote:I got invited to participate in a large multi-artist gallery for eight weeks leading up to Christmas. It's also located in the town centre shopping precinct so, hopefully, there will be plenty of opportunities for sales. This is all as a result of my successful recent exhibition that the organizer dropped in and saw. :D

Is there a website we can have a look at? :D
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Penners » Thu Oct 04, 2018 04:03 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
Penners wrote:I got invited to participate in a large multi-artist gallery for eight weeks leading up to Christmas. It's also located in the town centre shopping precinct so, hopefully, there will be plenty of opportunities for sales. This is all as a result of my successful recent exhibition that the organizer dropped in and saw. :D

There is and I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting the link here. :D

https://len-brook.pixels.com/
“In theory it was, around now, Literature. Susan hated Literature. She'd much prefer to read a good book.”
Penners

Postby Nonny Mouse » Fri Oct 05, 2018 04:10 pm

I used Uber for the first time yesterday. I had to get the mysterious "Service Engine Soon" light off my car so I can pass emissions testing, and it took the whole afternoon. So I got Uber back to work. I was rather impressed, really - instant ride and it wasn't that expensive.
Outmaneuvered on all counts, I opt to change the rules.
- Never Cry Wolf
Nonny Mouse

Postby Sandra » Fri Oct 05, 2018 04:18 pm

They can be OK, just be aware they change tariffs when things get busy (including in the middle of terror alerts) they do not do driver checks (in the UK we've had people on the sex offenders register drive for Uber).

As long as you get a good driver you will be fine.
Veni Vini Volupti

Name the deamon and it can be destroyed... and it's name is Alzheimer's
Sandra

Postby Cara » Fri Oct 05, 2018 05:26 pm

It was my last day in my current job today after 9 years. Totally overwhelmed by everyone’s love and generosity. I start my new job on Monday, with a week long mandatory training induction. Joy. Looking forward to getting started in my new team, whilst being slightly terrified at the same time...
Cara

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Oct 05, 2018 05:57 pm

Cara wrote:It was my last day in my current job today after 9 years. Totally overwhelmed by everyone’s love and generosity. I start my new job on Monday, with a week long mandatory training induction. Joy. Looking forward to getting started in my new team, whilst being slightly terrified at the same time...

:thumbr: Congrats on your new job! It's always a bit scary when you start a new job, so wishing you the very best of luck! :thumbl:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby phalarope » Fri Oct 05, 2018 08:27 pm

Best wishes in your new job, Cara! :sunny:
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Squigglyx » Fri Oct 05, 2018 08:44 pm

All the best Cara, hope it brings everything you want.
Squigglyx

Postby phalarope » Sat Oct 06, 2018 04:12 pm

Breathing the same air as Craig, Chris, Bobby, Norman, Hattie, Chloe, Doug,and others at Dimension Jump. Had kippers for breakfast and scored rather well on the Leopard Lager shy. Not as brilliant as a Discworld con, but worth coming. We get Danny tomorrow, after Strictly. :D :bounce:
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Oct 06, 2018 04:18 pm

phalarope wrote:Breathing the same air as Craig, Chris, Bobby, Norman, Hattie, Chloe, Doug,and others at Dimension Jump. Had kippers for breakfast and scored rather well on the Leopard Lager shy. Not as brilliant as a Discworld con, but worth coming. We get Danny tomorrow, after Strictly. :D :bounce:

In the words of the wonderful Messrs of Monty and Python: You lucky, lucky bastard! :thumbl: :thumbl: :thumbl:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Penners » Sun Oct 07, 2018 06:31 am

Best wishes for your new job Cara. :D
Penners

Postby Grace Speaker » Sun Oct 07, 2018 02:18 pm

Penners wrote:
Grace Speaker wrote:

There is and I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting the link here. :D

https://len-brook.pixels.com/
Penners, these are just beautiful!!!! :D :thumbl: :D :thumbl: :D :thumbl: Best of luck with the gallery exhibition :thumbr:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

PreviousNext

Return to The Kitchen Table