Discworld

Let's celebrate age!

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Postby Vimesy » Tue Aug 16, 2005 09:51 pm

rentawitch wrote:
Vimesy wrote:Sweet home alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd - Awesome.
Hendrix
Morrison
Sinatra
Guns 'n' roses
A lot of the best music out there is old.

ahem
Don't you man mature, MY LOVE?


Why certainly, precious. :D :oops: :wink:
Take a wine, for example, i'd rather sit down with a nice glass of something mature than a bottle of beer made yesterday. If you catch my drift. :D



I am, as usual, speaking complete cobbles...
User avatar
Vimesy
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 02:13 am
Location: El Stockporto

Postby ladyramkin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 09:53 pm

Susan Sto Helit wrote:Some of the best music out there is really old stuff.

But I really feel very sorry for the 3-10 year olds today, with the rubbish stuff they put on the telly now. Bring back Playhouse!


My 3 year old is addicted to Sponge Bob Squarepants, so its not all bad :lol:
User avatar
ladyramkin
 
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 05:52 pm
Location: Sidcup, Kent

Postby Susan Sto Helit » Tue Aug 16, 2005 09:57 pm

ladyramkin wrote:
Susan Sto Helit wrote:Some of the best music out there is really old stuff.

But I really feel very sorry for the 3-10 year olds today, with the rubbish stuff they put on the telly now. Bring back Playhouse!


My 3 year old is addicted to Sponge Bob Squarepants, so its not all bad :lol:


OK, I'll grant you, Sponge Bob is good. But the fimbles are just weird, and teletubbies has too many kids going 'eh-oo' when they are perfectly capable of saying 'hello'.
User avatar
Susan Sto Helit
Society Mod
 
Posts: 1370
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:09 pm
Location: Leicester

Postby Darren » Tue Aug 16, 2005 09:58 pm

rentawitch wrote:He is probably beyond reasoning with Darren
Jimi Hendrix, need I say more!


I think Hendrix's decentants would be more in the U2 style of rock. Less to my personal taste, but your point is certainly valid. Purple haze, and kissing this guy ;)
Grumpy old mod.
User avatar
Darren
Moderator
 
Posts: 8989
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 01:03 pm
Location: Forn parts all too often

Postby ladyramkin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:00 pm

Susan Sto Helit wrote:
ladyramkin wrote:
Susan Sto Helit wrote:Some of the best music out there is really old stuff.

But I really feel very sorry for the 3-10 year olds today, with the rubbish stuff they put on the telly now. Bring back Playhouse!


My 3 year old is addicted to Sponge Bob Squarepants, so its not all bad :lol:


OK, I'll grant you, Sponge Bob is good. But the fimbles are just weird, and teletubbies has too many kids going 'eh-oo' when they are perfectly capable of saying 'hello'.


Yes, agree on both counts. Actually, I'm a bit scared of the Fimbles. Another of Abi's addictions is Peppa Pig, where the whole family make disgusting noises.
User avatar
ladyramkin
 
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 05:52 pm
Location: Sidcup, Kent

Postby Addicted » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:01 pm

:oops: I'm 23 and I'm addicted to Spongbob!! And I know a sexy 25yr old that is too!! :lol: :oops:

Re: Kids telly - Tweenies is the only program that I actually like Kaci watching but even in that, one of the character's is a selfish 'orrible girl!!!

Things like Teletubbies + Fimbles just stress me out!! :evil:
User avatar
Addicted
Moderator
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 03:25 pm
Location: Just to the right of London.

Postby Addicted » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:04 pm

Re: Music....

I love some of the classic oldies (I like U2, Pink Floyd - LOVE Queen, David Bowie and a few others) and I love the way some of the oldie songs are being re-done in the Dance music I love so much!!!

As an example - I've just done a search for the originals to a few of the dance songs I like and I'm currently listening to 'Belinda Carslile - Summer Rain' as a result! :lol:
User avatar
Addicted
Moderator
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 03:25 pm
Location: Just to the right of London.

Postby ladyramkin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:05 pm

Addicted wrote::oops: I'm 23 and I'm addicted to Spongbob!! And I know a sexy 25yr old that is too!! :lol: :oops:

Re: Kids telly - Tweenies is the only program that I actually like Kaci watching but even in that, one of the character's is a selfish 'orrible girl!!!

Things like Teletubbies + Fimbles just stress me out!! :evil:


Both the girls are horrible and Jake isnt playing with a full deck. Quite like Milo though.
Oh God, did I really write that :(
User avatar
ladyramkin
 
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 05:52 pm
Location: Sidcup, Kent

Postby rentawitch » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:07 pm

Que??
As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness.

Saufen fur Frieden auf Erden

I love my computer, all my friends live in it. :)
User avatar
rentawitch
 
Posts: 11483
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:58 pm
Location: Somewhere between Ankh-Morpork and Wincanton

Postby ladyramkin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:08 pm

rentawitch wrote:Que??


You're better not knowing, pet :D
User avatar
ladyramkin
 
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 05:52 pm
Location: Sidcup, Kent

Postby Addicted » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:09 pm

ladyramkin wrote:
Both the girls are horrible and Jake isnt playing with a full deck. Quite like Milo though.
Oh God, did I really write that :(


Yep but you're spot on!!!!

Fizz isn't too bad but the rest really have lost it!! And it's supposed to be a nursery but the kids are never supervised!!!!

Damn I'm sad! :lol: Bitching about a kids program!
User avatar
Addicted
Moderator
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 03:25 pm
Location: Just to the right of London.

Postby ladyramkin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:13 pm

We're both sad. It's because we're insomniacs :D
User avatar
ladyramkin
 
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 05:52 pm
Location: Sidcup, Kent

Postby Addicted » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:17 pm

Yep. What else can we bitch about??

Big cook little cook - How many annoying catchphrases can you fit into one program!! :lol:

Fimbles - Baby pom is just :evil: !!! Teaching kids to talk even worse than those damn teletubbies!!!!!!

Balamory - the characters are just so annoying!!
User avatar
Addicted
Moderator
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 03:25 pm
Location: Just to the right of London.

Postby ladyramkin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:21 pm

Angelina Ballerina - why is she the only white mouse in the village?
Why does she get all the best parts. Can you stand her sweet little middle-class voice :evil:
User avatar
ladyramkin
 
Posts: 6260
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 05:52 pm
Location: Sidcup, Kent

Postby Addicted » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:23 pm

Haven't suffered that one yet but probably will sooner or later!!
User avatar
Addicted
Moderator
 
Posts: 7734
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 03:25 pm
Location: Just to the right of London.

PreviousNext

Return to The Kitchen Table

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest