Discworld

Let's celebrate age!

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Postby Regis » Wed Aug 17, 2005 08:44 pm

i've lead a sad life im 27 and havent been to any concerts or bands of any kind, it isnt that i dont like music its just i get a bit itchy around large groups of people. i have my family, my pets, many books that i havent read yet.
im waiting for a moment just a moment, for your wandering eyes to linger on me. how long must i wait? so that i may be a slave to thee?
Regis

Postby rentawitch » Wed Aug 17, 2005 09:53 pm

Addicted wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Rocky Horror is an experience everyone should have :D

Yep - watching Rocky Horror at midnight on a Friday night in an old cinema while a group of actors perform below the screen, while holding your brown paper bag in which you'll find a stale slice of toast, some rice and a few other select bits and bobs! :D Nothing beats that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Errm dressing up as Magenta for the first night of the London run with Jonathan Wilks and getting within 3 feet of Richard O'bRien and Robbie Williams and having Patricai Quinn stroke my feather duster... Sorry beats the cinema!!
As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness.

Saufen fur Frieden auf Erden

I love my computer, all my friends live in it. :)
rentawitch

Postby ladyramkin » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:33 pm

Addicted wrote:

Yep - watching Rocky Horror at midnight on a Friday night in an old cinema while a group of actors perform below the screen, while holding your brown paper bag in which you'll find a stale slice of toast, some rice and a few other select bits and bobs! :D Nothing beats that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget the lighter and the water pistol :D My friend nearly got the sack from her nursing job for doing the Time Warp down the ward. Sister wasn't thrilled but the patients loved it :bounce:
ladyramkin

Postby Addicted » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:53 pm

rentawitch wrote:
Addicted wrote:

Errm dressing up as Magenta for the first night of the London run with Jonathan Wilks and getting within 3 feet of Richard O'bRien and Robbie Williams and having Patricai Quinn stroke my feather duster... Sorry beats the cinema!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Soooooo jealous!! :lol:
Addicted

Postby Doc Brown » Sat Aug 20, 2005 02:52 pm

Okay everybody Lets do the Time Warp Together

http://www.sillyhumor.com/timewarp.html
Doc Brown

Postby ladyramkin » Sat Aug 20, 2005 09:27 pm

Ah thanks, Doc. Just been Time Warping all round the room. Fortunately, there's no one else here :D
ladyramkin

Postby Brorien » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:01 pm

Regis wrote:i've lead a sad life im 27 and havent been to any concerts or bands of any kind, it isnt that i dont like music its just i get a bit itchy around large groups of people. i have my family, my pets, many books that i havent read yet.

I often feel the same way. I usually just want to start elbowing people in the head and stuff to get some room. Funny thing, I'm not claustrophic and I don't mind say a bunch of people in a car with me. It's large gatherings of people I don't know that set me off. Maybe if I just started carrying a walking stick to help give me a 3 foot clear zone around me I'd be ok. :wink: :P
Take my love, take my land, take me where I can not stand. I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
Brorien

Postby SimonC » Sun Aug 21, 2005 02:00 pm

Rocky Horror, Return to the Forbidden Planet and Once More with Feeling are all permanent fixtures in the car. Good singalongs for journeys.

The other CD-slots range from AC/DC, Green Day, Chilipeppers, Led Zep, Yes, Spin Doctors and anything else, new or old that takes my fancy :? , except dance/trance/house and rap :evil: ! Oh, and chillout's not too sensible for the car.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... CRASH!!!!! :shock:
SimonC

Postby nic205 » Sun Aug 21, 2005 07:38 pm

I have to say I'm with Renta on this one! Being a fan of all things ROCK most of my music dates from the 60/70/80 era.

I do have quite a few more recent albums and I agree with Colin that Greenday are one of the better modern bands. (also have: Kings of Leon, the Darkness, Nickleback, Muse, White Stripes, Foo Fighters)

Perhaps it is nostalgia setting in but the bands I saw live in the late 70s whilst at Uni were awesome. Rush in particular for a three piece band were exceptionally talented musicians. (and that's not ot mention: Thin Lizzy, Yes, Scorpions, UFO, Blue Oyster Cult, Magnum, Judas Priest and Def Leppard)

Apart from Greenday my best find of recent groups has been Nightwish, absolutely awesome.
nic205

Postby Igor » Sun Aug 21, 2005 08:17 pm

[quote="rentawitchErrm dressing up as Magenta for the first night of the London run with Jonathan Wilks and getting within 3 feet of Richard O'bRien and Robbie Williams and having Patricai Quinn stroke my feather duster... Sorry beats the cinema!![/quote]

Riding home on a Vespa in stockings suspenders and corset having just watched a local production.......brings a whole new level to paranoia
There is no justice, only me
Igor

Postby Mooresey » Sun Aug 21, 2005 08:18 pm

I agree I love all that music and Greenday are fantastic.

I also love the Red Hot Chilie Peppers.
Mooresey

Postby rentawitch » Sun Aug 21, 2005 08:34 pm

Igor wrote:[quote="rentawitchErrm dressing up as Magenta for the first night of the London run with Jonathan Wilks and getting within 3 feet of Richard O'bRien and Robbie Williams and having Patricai Quinn stroke my feather duster... Sorry beats the cinema!!

Riding home on a Vespa in stockings suspenders and corset having just watched a local production.......brings a whole new level to paranoia[/quote]

Oh my GOD are there pictures!???
As we journey through life, discarding baggage along the way, we should keep an iron grip, to the very end, on the capacity for silliness.

Saufen fur Frieden auf Erden

I love my computer, all my friends live in it. :)
rentawitch

Postby Gaspode » Sun Aug 21, 2005 08:40 pm

rentawitch wrote:
Igor wrote:[quote="rentawitchErrm dressing up as Magenta for the first night of the London run with Jonathan Wilks and getting within 3 feet of Richard O'bRien and Robbie Williams and having Patricai Quinn stroke my feather duster... Sorry beats the cinema!!

Riding home on a Vespa in stockings suspenders and corset having just watched a local production.......brings a whole new level to paranoia

Oh my GOD are there pictures!???[/quote]

PARANOIA :shock: I used to ride a vespa, never tried it with corset and the rest, just a parka and open face crash helmet.
Gaspode

Previous

Return to The Kitchen Table