Discworld

Aaaaarrrgggghhh - Room 101

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: Aaaaarrrgggghhh - Room 101

Postby I.B.Igor » Mon Aug 06, 2018 08:15 am

Ok, I am a nit wit, where on the planet can I get a copy of Bernards Book, preferably a,s,a p ? cos its Hubbys birthday and its soon, real soon, tried the usual places like Amazon, and got nada.
Panic is beginning to get a grip! :shock: :shock:
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:19 pm

I.B.Igor wrote:Ok, I am a nit wit, where on the planet can I get a copy of Bernards Book, preferably a,s,a p ? cos its Hubbys birthday and its soon, real soon, tried the usual places like Amazon, and got nada.
Panic is beginning to get a grip! :shock: :shock:
Don't Panic!

Here's the link - just click on the big 'Acquire your copy' button on top, right hand side

https://www.no41publishers.com/
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Sandra » Tue Aug 07, 2018 09:53 am

Day two of BANG CRASH WHALLOP five where SCREAMING NAIL we asked for BANG our roof to THUMP THUMP be replaced.

The birds are coping - they're not happy, but are coping. The guys are going fast, but the noise! I am so glad the neighbours understand.
Veni Vini Volupti

Name the deamon and it can be destroyed... and it's name is Alzheimer's
Sandra

Postby I.B.Igor » Tue Oct 02, 2018 08:50 am

Seriously fed up, come home from work this morning and ended up in tears. Feeling ill used and overwhelmed. Considering quitting. Not a happy bunny at all. :twisted:
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby Sandra » Tue Oct 02, 2018 08:55 am

Big Hugs.

Want to talk about it?
Veni Vini Volupti

Sandra

Postby I.B.Igor » Tue Oct 02, 2018 08:58 am

I would love to Sandra, but not on an open forum as I can be fired for doing so.
I.B.Igor

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:14 am

Big ((hugs)) Jackie - hope you find away to improve things xxx
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby I.B.Igor » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:48 am

Sandra, and Grace, thank you, had a coffee, and a cry, sent a text to Matyn, he called me, and in the end I called the Office, had a moan, and got the problem sorted ( I hope ) feeling a bit better now. Thank you both for the hugs and thoughts. :)
I.B.Igor

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Oct 02, 2018 07:07 pm

I.B.Igor wrote:Sandra, and Grace, thank you, had a coffee, and a cry, sent a text to Matyn, he called me, and in the end I called the Office, had a moan, and got the problem sorted ( I hope ) feeling a bit better now. Thank you both for the hugs and thoughts. :)
Very glad to hear that :) xxx
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby phazedout » Tue Oct 02, 2018 07:38 pm

Deu to teh slow winding of the wheels of beurecracy, Teh finnnish tax authority, Vero, only got around to processing my tax froms for 017, yesterday.
I got a nice wee note in the door eysterday mornign, i'd been hoping for a small refund, nope, instead they'd like some money
a lot of money
6,200 euro, half on december 1st, half on february 1st.

I am ow employing the srvices of a rather expensive tax accountant. It was a very large shock i can tell you.
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby phalarope » Tue Oct 02, 2018 08:21 pm

phazedout wrote:6,200 euro, half on december 1st, half on february 1st.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Sandra » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:00 am

phazedout wrote:6,200 euro, half on december 1st, half on february 1st.

[size=200]
Definately - the last tax bill I got turned into a rebate cheque - though I was able to do this myself and avoid the horror of an accountant (Brother and wife are those :shock: )
Veni Vini Volupti

Sandra

Postby I.B.Igor » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:39 pm

Today has been a bit of an odd day, bad start, noiticed light flashing on phone, answer message from my Hairdresser, I call them, and it seems my hairdresser has quit ,....usually no problem.
This time it is a problem, as my appointment is on Monday, and on Wednesday my Number one son ( one and only child ) Is getting married. :shock:
I have spent time and money bulding a good relationship with my previous hairdresser, and now my unruly frizzy head of candyfloss is in the hands of somone I do not know, two days before my sons nuptuals! Arrrgh!
i AM PRAYING FOR MIRACLES HERE! :D
I.B.Igor

Postby Cara » Thu Oct 18, 2018 06:46 pm

Is it worth ringing round other salons to see if she’s now working there? Sending lots of good hair vibes to you x
Cara

Previous

Return to The Kitchen Table