Discworld

Aaaaarrrgggghhh - Room 101

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: Aaaaarrrgggghhh - Room 101

Postby phazedout » Sun May 28, 2017 10:29 pm

Thanks folks, today i explained to Eldest brother, through gritted teeth that I had pushed myself lway beyond my uusal limits and I literally could not cope with any more without a break. I gently expliend about my chronic anxiety and the efforts of yesterday, on top of the usual stress of travelling had let me to a place whre i had nothing else to give.
I asked my niece if he understood, she said she thinks he hdid but wasn't sure if he cared/ I told her I dodn't give a flying bleep if he cared once he understood.
Sigh, we're having a meeting about this on wednesday.
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby Basement » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:02 pm

Gah! Small annoyance. I am on the committee for my drama group as social secretary so I organise the social side of our group (theatre visits, the annual BBQ, the Christmas meal) and send out emails letting everyone know about these events. Recently, I haven't had to do this, because the secretary has started doing this for me. I say I'll send out an email tomorrow, and she does it. What is the point of me being on the committee when I don't have to do anything? Grrrr. Have emailed the other committee members to ask if they think I'm being unreasonable getting annoyed.
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Postby steeljam » Thu Jun 01, 2017 01:21 pm

Basement wrote:Gah! Small annoyance. I am on the committee for my drama group as social secretary so I organise the social side of our group (theatre visits, the annual BBQ, the Christmas meal) and send out emails letting everyone know about these events. Recently, I haven't had to do this, because the secretary has started doing this for me. I say I'll send out an email tomorrow, and she does it. What is the point of me being on the committee when I don't have to do anything? Grrrr. Have emailed the other committee members to ask if they think I'm being unreasonable getting annoyed.
The secretary has probably email the others for you already. :D
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Pat » Fri Jun 02, 2017 08:52 am

Got run into at a set of traffic lights. Low velocity shunt and no major injuries but I was planning to drive to London tomorrow...
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Postby hansolobiker » Fri Jun 02, 2017 09:33 am

Ouch! Glad you are okay.Cars can be fixed!
....And forgiveness walks at my side!
hansolobiker

Postby Sandra » Fri Jun 02, 2017 02:19 pm

Check your neck, expect it to be sore tomorrow :)

If you need a stop off - we're an hour south of you on the A1
Veni Vini Volupti

Name the deamon and it can be destroyed... and it's name is Alzheimer's
Sandra

Postby phalarope » Sat Jun 03, 2017 01:19 am

Glad you are OK Pat!!
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:25 am

How are you feeling Pat? Hope you're ok xxx
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker

Postby Nonny Mouse » Mon Jun 05, 2017 03:33 am

Better to be annoyed than... frankly a wide variety of other outcomes. Glad you're okay. Everything will work out. <3
Outmaneuvered on all counts, I opt to change the rules.
- Never Cry Wolf
Nonny Mouse

Postby Pat » Mon Jun 05, 2017 09:30 am

Sandra wrote:Check your neck, expect it to be sore tomorrow :)

Indeed it was! And, oddly enough, the tip of my right shoulderblade and some teeth in my lower jaw!

However, the car is drivable (except that the rear parking sensors have fallen down inside the bumper, so if you select reverse gear, the car panics that there's a plastic bumper only an inch behind us!) and I was able to go to an old friends 60th birthday, which included meeting an old school chum I havent seen since, I think, 1973!

I have, however, somewhat gone off the drivers of Audis with personalised number plates.
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Postby DavidAHarvey » Fri Jun 16, 2017 03:09 am

Since, thankfully you are OK...
Pat wrote: However, the car is drivable (except that the rear parking sensors have fallen down inside the bumper, so if you select reverse gear, the car panics that there's a plastic bumper only an inch behind us!)

Cosmo, Prince of Denmark, not the greatest man at darts; the reason English Kings often come in several parts.
DavidAHarvey

Postby Alan » Wed Jul 05, 2017 03:20 pm

New people have arrived from our sister site to train on the products before they move.
Feels odd to know that i`ll be leaving a job that i really enjoy doing and handing it over to a bunch of people who have had the most minimal training,when i say minimal,i`m not messing about! so far its been about half a day,and it moves in three weeks..........
I spent three months at our other site learning the basics of the job,and just about learnt enough,i`m lost for words.
Best dig my case out,to be on the safe side.
Romani ite domum
Alan

Postby Nonny Mouse » Thu Jul 06, 2017 04:02 am

So, there's this kid in my son's Tween camp that has the mental capacity of a 4 year old but the body of a tween. He's starting to sexually harass the other kids, and even groping them. My first attempt to address this with the school district was met with shock and every assurance that my son would be protected immediately. By the time it filtered down to the actual camp it was watered down to 'keep a closer eye on the kid'. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I was promised to the heavens that this would be addressed immediately and taken care of, and it's all now ho-hum, stop chasing the other kids.

I was taken aback by how angry this makes me... I was trying so hard to be reasonable and give them the chance to act, now we apparently have to threaten to sue them to get any real action. I feel bad for the kid but not so much to tell my son and the other kids they just have to deal. I'm sad and angry and upset and I don't know if I can trust myself to be civil if they do call me. I am just about ready to breathe fire. I guarantee, there's nothing scarier in the world than me when I'm genuinely angry (as opposed to just annoyed or even really annoyed or extremely annoyed).
Outmaneuvered on all counts, I opt to change the rules.
- Never Cry Wolf
Nonny Mouse

Postby phazedout » Thu Jul 06, 2017 07:32 am

I'm on a mild blood pressure medication becuase i'm have a combinaiton fo obesity, a ad diet and a history of heart disease and stroke in my family.

I have a home blood pressure measureing machine and i took it yesterday after feelign a bit dizzy. it seeemd high (195 over 114) so i took it again

This was a mistake, i was worried it was high, which made it high, which made me retiake ,

This ended up in an axiety spiral and me in accident and emegency about 23:30 last night.

After triaging me andn sening in to the waiting area, two hours later i saw a patient but tired nurse who explained no, i wasn't about to die and perhaps i shoudl go to my regular clinic in normal hours.
still couldn't sleep when i get home and this has tied to my anxiety which means every ache or pain has to be a precursor to a heart attack.. Joy
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby Sandra » Thu Jul 06, 2017 02:05 pm

Nonny Mouse wrote:I was taken aback by how angry this makes me... I was trying so hard to be reasonable and give them the chance to act....... guarantee, there's nothing scarier in the world than me when I'm genuinely angry (as opposed to just annoyed or even really annoyed or extremely annoyed).

It is a sign of good parenting that you are angry about this situation. You have given your child/ren over to people who are legally acting as parents and have the obligation to protect them from harm. That they are not understanding this child's special needs shows that child needs to be with those able to understand and prevent/control his behaviour.

It is never going to be easy to integrate this child into his age group but without properly trained adults in charge he's going to be a risk to other children and himself (not to mention adults taking advantage...).

My family has a brain damaged child - and the special school teachers make decisions you know were never made for his best interests - he can hardly see, hear or move so why take him 'strawberry picking' on a hot sunny day (high risk of sunburn) in a field that was so muddy that the child was mud spattered and it took days to clean the mud from his electric chair? It is so hard to get placements for children who need additional help/understanding and that when they are not in the right placement you know they will only make public acceptance of disabilities go backwards.
Veni Vini Volupti

Name the deamon and it can be destroyed... and it's name is Alzheimer's
Sandra

PreviousNext

Return to The Kitchen Table