Discworld

Aaaaarrrgggghhh - Room 101

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: Aaaaarrrgggghhh - Room 101

Postby Nonny Mouse » Fri Sep 08, 2017 02:38 am

I'm so sorry, Alan. :cry:
Outmaneuvered on all counts, I opt to change the rules.
- Never Cry Wolf
Nonny Mouse

Postby Alan » Fri Sep 08, 2017 04:56 pm

`Nk you everybody
Romani ite domum
Alan

Postby Basement » Tue Sep 19, 2017 08:56 am

*bangs head against a brick wall*

I've had 4 cast members drop out of The Truth and have had to shuffle parts around, even with the arrival of two new people. I nearly had a 5th drop out yesterday due to having his flight home from holiday changed and not being home in time for the first performance. Thankfully he go that sorted.

Then I get in to work this morning to realise that I've left my work pass at home and I've had an email from an annoying man who has got a tax charge on his pension contributions and is demanding to know why it hasn't been paid by us (this is an option that he asked for) on time. Well mate, as I told you in an email last week, you only told me how much it was last week so how the hell was I supposed to have paid it in July? You knew that you had to tell me how much it was, we went through the same process last week.

Stress levels are currently through the roof, and I don't react physically very well to stress. :evil: :evil:
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Postby Sandra » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Some people are just so weird... Now since that is being said here....

On my way home I was followed back to my car, I didn't recognise the woman who took a photo of me getting into my car (therefore getting my reg number), so I asked why.

Over 6 months ago I was planning to buy new blinds - I tried a local trader and decided against it later because of her really unprofessional attitude (failing to call me to say no fabric, getting upset and aggressive when I pointed out trying to use her business with random closures was difficult), I told Adrian and he negatively reviewed her business.

Now she is planning to negatively review me - difficult as I don't really have an online presence, but she has gone to the effort of chasing down Adrian's reviews (she told me about his negative reviews of a train station with unreliable lifts) and to chase me down the street to photograph me.

I was so thrown by her reaction I reported this to the police (No I do not expect anything to be done I want a baseline report to refer to if she gets worse), at this point I think the data protection act might be the best route to control her reactions, though waiting for the new version coming in next year (limiting what businesses can do with your data) will be better. I don't think she has realised I class as her customer and getting aggressive at me for someone else's behaviour is irrational, pity she has my phone number .

Now to wait and see if she is as nuts as she came across as...
Veni Vini Volupti

Name the deamon and it can be destroyed... and it's name is Alzheimer's
Sandra

Postby phalarope » Wed Sep 20, 2017 03:13 pm

That is just creepy, Sandra. Sounds like her business doesn't keep her busy enough to stay out of trouble, which is a further reflection on the quality of her business. I hope she doesn't start with harassing phone calls. Can you block her at all?
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Previous

Return to The Kitchen Table