Discworld

Aaaaarrrgggghhh - Room 101

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: Aaaaarrrgggghhh - Room 101

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon Nov 19, 2018 03:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You might also want to set up a few brand-specific searches on eBay - you can often get brand new clothes for next to nothing, when people have bought things in the sale or just forgotten to take them back within the return period.
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Sandra » Mon Nov 19, 2018 04:05 pm

When at the charity shop, look out for a field guide to fungi - leave it lying about with the spine bent (I know just keep reading) so it 'happens' to open at Amanita virosa....
Veni Vini Volupti

Name the deamon and it can be destroyed... and it's name is Alzheimer's
Sandra

Postby I.B.Igor » Tue Nov 20, 2018 07:39 am

Sandra, I just looked up the Mushroom, Destroying angel, sounds nice, lethal, and nice, with no known cure. I like your style.
Yesterday I diddnt feel too good, so I worked, came home and ignored all the chores I usuallly do, and went back to work, came home, and complained bitterly of feeling under the weather, so Hislordship had to cook dinner, SHAME. :wink:
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby Kelshandra » Tue Dec 04, 2018 08:03 pm

Hi everyone,
I've not been on the forum much over the last six months or so. My Mum was diagnosed with cancer and after a year long fight she passed away on Friday. I'm still not exactly great and have been living out of a hastily packed bag I threw in the car when I got the call as I've been staying with Dad (who's devastated as you might imagine). Things are still very raw for all of us.
The Geeky Goblin My irregular crafting inspirations
Currently working on the 2010 and 2018 Yearbooks- 2017 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby phazedout » Tue Dec 04, 2018 09:35 pm

deepest condolances Kel, it must have been a difficult year
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby Grace Speaker » Tue Dec 04, 2018 09:46 pm

Hi Kel,
I was thinking only last week that I hadn't seen you on here in quite a while. I'm so sorry to hear of your Mum's illness and sad passing - sending you and your family lots of love and ((hugs))

GNU Kel's Mum xxxx
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Squigglyx » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:38 pm

So sorry for your loss Kel
virtual hugs on their way to you
Squigglyx

Postby phalarope » Wed Dec 05, 2018 01:46 am

Deepest sympathy Kel, and gentle hugs.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Darren » Wed Dec 05, 2018 08:47 am

My condolences too - unfortunately I can empathise all too much in this case.

I lost my father too 5 weeks ago to stomach cancer (from a diagnosis back in February), and his cremation was on Monday. It's a tough time, but from the viewpoint a little further along the road things will heal and become a little easier. Just remember all the love and good times, and take it one day at a time. And at least you can share them with your father and be there for one another.
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby I.B.Igor » Wed Dec 05, 2018 09:43 am

Condolances to Kel and Darren . Sending you both love and hugs.
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby Sandra » Wed Dec 05, 2018 03:46 pm

Big Hugs

As someone trying to plan the first Christmas without the Mother in Law (she really held her family together) all I can say is this is the worst bit. Things will come back to remind you about your loss, what they're missing etc but none of these will be as bad as where you are now. The 'things get better' improves so slowly you will not realise it, until you get a few months in and realise it's not quite as painful or immediate.
Veni Vini Volupti

Sandra

Postby Nonny Mouse » Wed Dec 05, 2018 05:27 pm

*hugs* from me too. My husband's grandpa died about this time of year, and yeah it's hard.

Movie marathons can be a comforting distraction if you need it - growing up, we got through more than one tough holiday season this way.
Outmaneuvered on all counts, I opt to change the rules.
- Never Cry Wolf
Nonny Mouse

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Dec 05, 2018 05:57 pm

Sending virtual hugs and lots of love to Kel, Darren, Sandra, Adrian and Nonny xxx
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Sandra » Thu Dec 06, 2018 09:27 pm

Ta

Personal Argg - Lincoln Christmas Market today (avoiding the crowds) and we're both OWY.

But that's just the beginning - tomorrow it's the trip to Nottingham for War of the Worlds, then Saturday it's back to the Christmas Market (swapping Adrian for Sister in law and niece), Sunday we're off to the cinema (spidy film). At some point I'm going to fall over - how did we let this week get so busy?
Veni Vini Volupti

Sandra

Postby Catch-up » Sat Dec 08, 2018 09:59 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:Sending virtual hugs and lots of love to Kel, Darren, Sandra, Adrian and Nonny xxx

I am so sorry for all of the sad news and loss. Big hugs to you guys, and lots of love from me too. We've had a rough year as well. This past year the girls had to say goodbye to two out of three grandmas. Both Derek's mom and his step mom passed within just a few months of each other. It was a bit brutal. We're all very aware of the losses with the holiday coming up. I think I've overcompensated with gifts and plans.
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Kitchen Table