Discworld

What made you glum today?

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: What made you glum today?

Postby DrummerLady » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:09 pm

It's looking like Wadfest will be cancelled. I am really sad.

I have spent a lot of time preparing the murder mystery. Last week, I got the written materials prepared and bought all my costume items.

I don't blame Waddy. By the sound of it, he's had a lot of problems with the site but I'm feeling really fed up.
DrummerLady

Postby Sandra » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:43 pm

There are too few tickets sold in order to have any chance to cover the costs (and to compound that problem the site has increased costs dramatically this year).

He's not happy at having to even think about not holding Wadfest...
Veni Vini Volupti

Name the deamon and it can be destroyed... and it's name is Alzheimer's
Sandra

Postby phazedout » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:39 pm

I'd go if I could but there's just not enough time off allowed in my new job, sorry.
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby DrummerLady » Thu Aug 04, 2016 01:19 pm

Fortunately, my glumness was premature as Wadfest is back on! I have my alien costume all ready for Saturday. I've got something planned for Friday night. Nothing special but I like to join in.
DrummerLady

Postby phalarope » Thu Aug 04, 2016 03:31 pm

DrummerLady wrote:Fortunately, my glumness was premature as Wadfest is back on! I have my alien costume all ready for Saturday. I've got something planned for Friday night. Nothing special but I like to join in.

YAY! Wish I could manage to be over there for a Wadfest. Have extra fun for me, please.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby Sandra » Thu Aug 04, 2016 08:51 pm

Good - an almost impossible to find knitting pattern of Peter Rabbit arrived (very expensive, not been available since 1998!)

Bad - the yarn has also been discontinued. While I hate to, I think I will have to buy sight-unseen yarn from online to try and match the colours needed based on the online photographs.... IF I can find an acrylic yarn range with that number of browns!

(Amazing how much effort I will go to for my 'ickle brothers fiance's bump when both of them are so much more enthusiastic about hand-made stuff)

((Adrian has even approached the pattern designer on the off-chance he has any suggestions))

I do hope I get to spend time with bump when it becomes a separate person - my nephew and niece (other brother) could hardly identify me in a crowd!
Veni Vini Volupti

Name the deamon and it can be destroyed... and it's name is Alzheimer's
Sandra

Postby Grace Speaker » Sun Aug 28, 2016 08:56 pm

Oh dear, some people have been enforcing their Views on The Dark Morris . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-37172500
Grace Speaker

Postby steeljam » Sun Aug 28, 2016 09:33 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:Oh dear, some people have been enforcing their Views on The Dark Morris . . .
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-37172500
Now we know why Thatcher wanted to get rid of the miners. It was a racial issue.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby chrisboote » Wed Aug 31, 2016 04:58 am

Con over
v glum
Reading: Staring at the remains of a dead tree and hallucinating
chrisboote

Postby Kelshandra » Wed Aug 31, 2016 08:47 am

I saw... I just passed one of those adult milestones that still sneak up when you are not looking. I just got a bank to agree to loan me money to buy a house :shock: Now on to stage 2 of however many it takes- to find a house!

I suppose spending it all on LBE would loose me a lot of grown up points, right?
The Geeky Goblin My irregular crafting inspirations
Currently working on the 2009 and 2016 Yearbooks- 2015 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Alan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 08:05 pm

Kelshandra wrote:I saw... I just passed one of those adult milestones that still sneak up when you are not looking. I just got a bank to agree to loan me money to buy a house :shock: Now on to stage 2 of however many it takes- to find a house!

I suppose spending it all on LBE would loose me a lot of grown up points, right?

You'd lose probably all of your grown up points,but what a haul of stamps! :D
Romani ite domum
Alan

Postby Stew d'Apples » Fri Sep 02, 2016 04:48 am

Kelshandra wrote:I saw... I just passed one of those adult milestones that still sneak up when you are not looking. I just got a bank to agree to loan me money to buy a house :shock: Now on to stage 2 of however many it takes- to find a house!

That wouldn't make me glum. I'm hoping my building society will agree to the same in a couple of months. It'll make me feel very happy if they do.
GNU Terry Pratchett
Stew d'Apples

Postby phazedout » Fri Sep 02, 2016 07:01 am

Ikinda cheated, being hit repeatedly by motor vehicles meant I was able to buy a house at 26...
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Sep 02, 2016 09:05 am

phazedout wrote:Ikinda cheated, being hit repeatedly by motor vehicles meant I was able to buy a house at 26...
:shock: I had no idea you'd been in an accident, Alan - so sorry to hear about this. If it's not too intrusive a question, what happened?
Grace Speaker

Postby phazedout » Sat Sep 03, 2016 08:53 pm

I've pm'd you with details Grace
phazedout

PreviousNext

Return to The Kitchen Table