Discworld

Yahoo accounts - I've made a big mistake

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Yahoo accounts - I've made a big mistake

Postby DrummerLady » Mon Oct 26, 2015 09:29 am

Years ago I had the option to get a new Yahoo address as they were reactivating dead ones. I got my name. I kept the old account and linked the two.

Recently, I've had a lot of spam coming to the old address. I decided to get rid of it as everything important is in my new address name. I couldn't see a way to separate them but logged in as the one I wanted to get rid of and deleted it. Nothing came up to suggest that I would be deleting both accounts but that seems to have been the effect.

When I couldn't log in I clicked that my account had been compromised. I later saw the video that says I should get the option to reactivate account when I sign in. This doesn't happen, probably because I have logged a problem. It said I have to wait but how long?

I click on contact us and just get links to articles. A search suggests that it is impossible to contact Yahoo. There are sites with contacts but I really don't know what to do. I'm still sick and now I feel so stupid!
DrummerLady

Return to The Kitchen Table