Discworld

What Cheered You Up? - Deck the Halls...

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: What Cheered You Up? - Deck the Halls...

Postby phalarope » Mon Feb 17, 2020 09:06 pm

That is going to be quite a memory for the grandkids, Steve! :lol: :lol: :thumbl:
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby Squigglyx » Wed Feb 19, 2020 09:46 pm

Thanks Nonny, SteelJam, we will definitely bear these suggestions in mind. :D :thumbr:
Squigglyx

Postby Alan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 03:49 pm

Discovered "project Binky" on YouTube,best laugh I've had in a while.
Two mechanics shoehorning the engine and running gear from a Toyota Celica GT4 into a Mini body shell......
The humour is great,so is the engineering only taken them seven years so far......
Romani ite domum
Alan

Postby Sandra » Wed Mar 11, 2020 09:36 am

7 weeks post-op and I am now allowed to do things.

Since my operation I was not allowed to pick up anything over 1kg (no that didn't last, but Adrian tried to nag me into behaving). Now I can do most things (sit-ups, running etc are still off the list - pity).

AND the sun is out!!!

Pity I don't have any energy/stamina/strength but that should change as long as I keep pushing.
Veni Vini Volupti

Name the deamon and it can be destroyed... and it's name is Alzheimer's
Sandra

Postby Catch-up » Sat Mar 14, 2020 05:29 pm

Good news Sandra! It can be difficult to find that balance between pushing and not overdoing.
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Thu Mar 19, 2020 06:26 pm

I'm so happy, and so grateful that we can still do riding lessons! Large arena, lots of space between people, no touching, no sharing. And, it's fresh air and exercise. Honestly, it may be the only thing keeping me sane right now.
Catch-up

Postby hansolobiker » Thu Mar 19, 2020 07:04 pm

Hey Susanne, just be careful and stick with the larger animals. Apparently feeling a little horse could be one of the symptoms of Corvid19 :D :D :clown: :lol:
'If they give you ruled paper ,write the other way!'
hansolobiker

Postby Squigglyx » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 pm

hansolobiker wrote:Hey Susanne, just be careful and stick with the larger animals. Apparently feeling a little horse could be one of the symptoms of Corvid19 :D :D :clown: :lol:

Who's got the coat / door emoji?
Squigglyx

Postby Squigglyx » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:11 pm

One good thing that has come out of the pandemic crisis so far is that my son who's been unemployed for the last 2 years has got himself a job at Tesco.
Initially on a temporary contract, but at least a chance to prove what he can do and maybe lead to something more permanent once this crisis is over.

And, I'll have inside knowledge when a toilet roll delivery is made :D :bounce:
Squigglyx

Postby Catch-up » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:22 pm

Ugh! Paul! :roll:

Nice Squigglyx! Win/win. I hope he gets to stay on after things settle down.
Catch-up

Postby Sandra » Fri Mar 20, 2020 08:47 am

Snuck into the butchers this morning. it helps when you're an established customer.

He missed out on sleep last night (home for an hour!). It's got so bad he's mincing TOPSIDE? (people are demanding mince not roasts). He's a bit annoyed by people coming in and saying 'Asda hasn't got any meat.' But he still had time to make sausages.

I feel sorry that he's having too much demand, but it's great to know he'll be there when this settles.

Keep well

(Roast mutton shoulder next week, might try a curry with the remains)
Veni Vini Volupti

Name the deamon and it can be destroyed... and it's name is Alzheimer's
Sandra

Postby hansolobiker » Fri Mar 20, 2020 02:34 pm

Okay, so this is an oldy but it cheered me up no end. Thanks to Buddy Hackett.

Guy from Baltimore is out on the Chesapeake shooting Duck. He's been there for two days with no luck until he spots one flying over. Quickly taking aim,'BLAM!' he hits the duck which falls onto the roof of a barn near the water's edge. He walks over to the fence and proceeds to climb over to get his duck when the farmer-a big guy-appears and asks him what he's doing? ' I've come for my duck' says the hunter. 'No 'no no' says the farmer.' My property, my duck.' The hunter tells him he's out from the city and it's been two days without any luck until now. The farmer looks at him and says' Look, we'll sort this out Eastern Shore style.'What's that?' asks the hunter. 'Well, I kick you as hard as I can in the groin and then you do the same to me and the gut who lasts longest keeps the duck.' The city guy thinks for a while and then agrees, thinking he will have a great story to tell the guys at work .'Okay' he says. The farmer says' I'll go first' and steps back and with all his might kicks the city guy in his family jewels who collapses in great pain ,howling and hollering and rolling around, calling for his momma and throwing up. After about ten minutes of this he recovers enough to totter to his feet and sizing up the farmer, wheezes'My turn.' The farmer looks at him and says. 'Nah, it's okay, you can have the duck!'

Well I laughed!
'If they give you ruled paper ,write the other way!'
hansolobiker

Postby chrisboote » Fri Mar 20, 2020 04:43 pm

That's definitely along the lines of 'betcha a dollar I can drink your beer without touching the glass'
Using your old computer to shop for a new computer online is rather cruel
It's like asking your dying wife if she has any cute girlfriends
chrisboote

Postby phalarope » Fri Mar 20, 2020 07:20 pm

hansolobiker wrote:Okay, so this is an oldy but it cheered me up no end. Thanks to Buddy Hackett.

Guy from Baltimore is out on the Chesapeake shooting Duck. He's been there for two days with no luck until he spots one flying over. Quickly taking aim,'BLAM!' he hits the duck which falls onto the roof of a barn near the water's edge. He walks over to the fence and proceeds to climb over to get his duck when the farmer-a big guy-appears and asks him what he's doing? ' I've come for my duck' says the hunter. 'No 'no no' says the farmer.' My property, my duck.' The hunter tells him he's out from the city and it's been two days without any luck until now. The farmer looks at him and says' Look, we'll sort this out Eastern Shore style.'What's that?' asks the hunter. 'Well, I kick you as hard as I can in the groin and then you do the same to me and the gut who lasts longest keeps the duck.' The city guy thinks for a while and then agrees, thinking he will have a great story to tell the guys at work .'Okay' he says. The farmer says' I'll go first' and steps back and with all his might kicks the city guy in his family jewels who collapses in great pain ,howling and hollering and rolling around, calling for his momma and throwing up. After about ten minutes of this he recovers enough to totter to his feet and sizing up the farmer, wheezes'My turn.' The farmer looks at him and says. 'Nah, it's okay, you can have the duck!'

Well I laughed!

You've been here, haven't you? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby phalarope » Fri Mar 20, 2020 07:25 pm

My covid-19 test came back negative. Along with the rest of my agency, I have been sent home to telework for at least 2 weeks, complete with microscope, on flextime. I flexed my time today to accommodate a 3 hour kayak trip with Laura (yes, we kept 6 feet apart the entire time). It's 80 degrees out there - time for some sunshine! Saw loads of turtles, birdies, and a beaver!
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

PreviousNext

Return to The Kitchen Table