Discworld

Magrat Garlick's Wet Hen Club

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: Magrat Garlick's Wet Hen Club

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Aug 29, 2018 01:57 pm

I.B.Igor wrote:Boris the feral bruiser turned up last night, I had Dinky trapped in the house, with her nose in a bowl, so got to feed him withiut her being too nosy. As soon as I opened the packet, he rustily trotted down the garden for food, and without a hiss, just nose down into the food.
Im still not brave enough to touch him, I might loose a hand! though I am thinking of building him some form of shelter in the garden, a second hand rabbit hutch would do, since I have been feeding him on and off for a week or so, he has started looking less ecimated.
if he turns up tonight, I might add some cat biscuits to his feed, a bit cheaper, and will pad out his food. Poor old bully boy that he is, I will try to get a photo of this aging bruiser, he could be a decendant of Grebo.
Bless him and you for helping the ol' bruiser :thumbl: :thumbl: :thumbl:
It might be an idea to pop some worm meds in his food if you have some, as he might well be suffering from some unwanted passengers, the poor old thing.
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby I.B.Igor » Wed Aug 29, 2018 09:09 pm

Quite probably Grace, he looked last year like he lost a battle with a shovel, face on, he has healed from that, minus a few bald patches, and this year he appeared limping badly, and nine months on, he still limps, so i think he was injured on his shoulder, not the wrist/ankle on his right paw.
He is old, cranky, and looks like a night mare, but despite the bald patches, limp, and battered face and ears, Oh and not forgetting the bad attitude,....he is a big softie really. :wink: :thumbl:
He diddnt turn up for dinner tonight, so I am expecting him some time tomorrow.
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby phalarope » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:04 pm

What is it with skinks and the cat box???? I released yet another one from the dunes of clumping litter this afternoon. They must fall into it, because they sure can't climb out on their own. Are there yummy bugs in there??? :shock: I surely hope not! Ew.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Grace Speaker » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:53 am

Stinks coming out of the litter box I'm all too familiar with, especially when one of the mogs has had an upset tum, but what's a skink and why is it trying to nest in the poop tray?
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Sandra » Sun Sep 09, 2018 06:03 pm

Small lizard - extremely cute and normally something I would expect Phalarope to be separating from the cats teeth.

Perhaps a small ladder for them to use (as skinks are good climbers a ladder for them could just be a piece of rope or wood that reaches to the top of the container)?
Veni Vini Volupti

Name the deamon and it can be destroyed... and it's name is Alzheimer's
Sandra

Postby chrisboote » Sun Sep 09, 2018 07:50 pm

Jack Cohen has a story about skinks
I'll tell you it next time we meet :)
Using your old computer to shop for a new computer online is rather cruel
It's like asking your dying wife if she has any cute girlfriends
chrisboote

Postby Grace Speaker » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:39 am

Another honorary member of the Wet Hen Club :D

One man and his stork
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:49 am

I love England for this sort of thing: Mike the Magpie and his whippet Boo Radley :D

https://www.facebook.com/BBCNW/videos/732957413712430/
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Previous

Return to The Kitchen Table